I'm not the only one / song ][ Damon Salvatore

'You and me we made a vow

For better or for worse

I can't believe you let me down

But the proof is in the way it hurts''

Tears stream down my face and land on the fabric of the bedscheets. I sit down on the bed in defeat. The open suitcase lays next to me and I throw it of the bad in a flame of anger.

''Asshole'' I mutter to myself as I break down in cries filled with sadness and pain.

Three years. Three years of my life wasted on this man who I love with my whole heart. But who appaerantly doesn't love me as much as I love him/

''For month on end I've had my doubts

Denying every tear

I wish this would be over now

But i know that I still need you here''

I should have know. Ive had these thoughts so many times. But I always pushed thema way, convincing myself I was seeing ghosts. Convincing myself that my thoughts where only that, thoughts, not the truth.

''You say I'm crazy

'cause you don't think I know what you've done.''

Everytime I'd bring it up, evertytime I'd open myself up and tell him my doubts he'd just wave it off. Telling me I shouldn't worry that much and telling me over and over again how much he loved me. Lies. They where all lies.

''But when you call me baby

I know I'm not the only one.''

Deep inside I knew. I knew something was off and I should have trusted my intuïtion more, I shouldn't have believed him when he'd tell me nothing was going on.

''You've been so unavailable

Now sadly I know why

Your heart is unobtainable

Even though you don't share mine''

Last night turned out to be the worst night of my life. I had the feeling that Damon was seeing someone else. He had been away so often, without a good reason. He'd lie about being out with people, he'd come home late or didn't show up to a date. My plan was to win him over, make him fall in love with me all over again, pushing that other girl out of his life. But my plan turned against me and I made a complete fool of myself.

''You say I'm crazy

'cause you don't think I know what you've done.

But when you call me baby

I know I'm not the only one.''

He invited her, he invited the girl he is seeing behind my back into his house. The house where we made so many memories, where it all began between us. Where I met him when I picked up my friend Elena after she spent the day with her boyfriend, his brother. And he had the guts to invite her, just because he thought I'd be out of town for the night.

Elena had warned me so many times. She often told me that he meant trouble and that I should stay as far away from him as humanly possible. But I ignored her, saw the good in the bad boy. And I fell in love with the man who I thought would never break my heart.

"I have loved you for many years

Maybe I am just not enouth

You've made me realise my deepest fear

By lying and tearing us up''

I walked in on him. Him and that girl. My nightmares came true right there and then. He was kissing her and practicly dry humping her right in front of me. I dropped the two glasses I was holding and the botle of scotch I had bought from the liquor store. The glass shattered to ground and it seperated him from her. I don't know, but I hate her with everything I have.

That was just half an hour ago. He hasn't come upstairs yet. I heard her yelling, him trying to silent her. Just five minutes ago I heard the front door slam shut. I've finisched packing all my belongings. The suitcase is way to full but I don't want to come back to get more stuff. I'm leaving this place and I'm not planning on coming back.

''[Y/N] baby? Please open the door.''

His voice is pleading. I nice sound to my ears but I ignore him. I zip up the suitcase and sent a message to Elena that I'm leaving and I'll explain to her later.

''Babe, you know damn well that this little piece of wood we call a door ain't gonna hold me outside.''

I swing the door open and he steps back just in time to avoid being hit in the face. Not that it would hurt him, but it wouldn't exactly be a bad thing for him to get hit in the face right now. I walk right past him to the stairs.

''[Y/N] please wait up, come on babe.''

"DO NOT 'BABE' ME!'' I scream, letting the anger flow thorugh my words as I turn around to face him.

''Let me explain, it..''

''Let me guess, it wasn't you who kissed her, she kissed you? Bullshit.''

I return to walk towards the stairs. I leave him standing there while I walk out of the front door. He calls me back a few times, pleading for me to stop and saying we can talk it out. But for me the time of talking it out has passed long ago. I need to think about me now, not about him.

''You say I'm crazy

'cause you don't think I know what you've done.

But when you call me baby

I know I'm not the only one.''

------------------------------------

Soooo, this is my first song-lyrics one shot, what do you think?