New Orleans ][ Klaus Mikaelson

He is the most egoistic, self centered, arrogant vampire I had ever met, but still, I had loved him. Klaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid with the biggest attitude. But that was over, he left. Right?

That was around a hundred years ago. Marcel had taken over the town, controlling the witches and chasing the werewolves our of town. I had pledged alliance to the younger vampire. In return he made me his right hand.

I've been in the Bayou for a few weeks and the heat and humidity had been taking a toll on my good mood. With a group of six vampires we were sent out to chase a group of werewolves that still lived here.

As we set foot on the territory, I'm startled with a familiar scent. I hold my right hand up, signalling my group to stop walking.

"Come on Y/N! Let's search this place!" One of the newer additions to our community, eager to catch his first werewolf, is almost jumping around impatiently.

As I want to start explaining the reason I stopped, that exact reason walks out of a shed by the river. Elijah Mikaelson and his younger sister Rebekah Mikaelson. The siblings of the man I thought loved me almost a century ago.

"Y/N?" Elijah's voice is soft and controlled as always, standing there in his everlasting suite.

I look between the two originals, searching for the third one.

"Elijah, Rebekah, what a pleasant surprise. Are you coming back to New Orleans?"

The vampires behind me are still impatient as they catch the scent of werewolves. Their bodies ready to search as soon as I give the signal. I can almost feel their annoyance about my casual conversation with two of the oldest vampires in the world.

"Hasn't Marcel told you? We've moved back a few weeks ago. I'm surprised Klaus hasn't visited you yet, he and Marcel have been talking quite a lot lately."

I stand dumbfounded as his words sink in. He is back, has been for a few weeks. And all I've been doing is hanging around in this stupid swamp.

"O, you mean the angry one. Marcel knows what he's up to, he's setting a trap."

I turn around to Dan, who shrugs his shoulders as he looks at the man and woman in front of me, expecting a reaction from them.

What he doesn't expect is that I grab him by the troat and push him against the closest tree. He hasn't been a vampire for longer than a year, so I'm stronger and faster.

"You knew?! You fucking knew that he was in town but didn't tell me the second you joined my group?!"

He tries to answer while his hands claw around him helplessly. The other vampires in my group all know better than to go against me. Marcel likes to give me the new ones, so the oldest isn't older than a decade or two.

"And you didn't tell me about this little trap Marcel is setting?! What is he planning?!" I'm full on screaming in his face by now.

Suddenly Elijah's hand is on my arm, the arm that's keeping Dan against the tree.

"He can't answer you when he can't breath Y/N"

I let go of him, he slumps to the ground as Elijah positions himself between the two of us.

"He wants to use his group, almost everyone in the Quarter expect the twelve of us, to bring him down. Weaken or even kill him, so he can't try to get New Orleans back. Please Y/N I didn't know it would matter to you."

He slowly stands up, his hands in the air as he tries to back away from me. I take a deep breath, Marcel must have forgotten he told Dan, or Dan just overheard him because the other vampires seem to know nothing.