Not the only one (part 3)

Elena's hand did indeed need stitches, and I leave her in the care of the younger Salvatore brother when the doctor starts unwinding the wound. Before I can leave the room the smell of blood hits me and I feel my whole body getting ready to feed.

I look at the ground as I close the door of the emergency room behind me. A strong hand grabs my wrist and drags me through the halls. Damon. I don't even struggle, I just let him get me away from the injured and sick people lining the benches in the hospital hallway. Let him drag me out the doors and into a ally where we can't be seen.

"[Y/N]! Here!" He trows me a plastic package filled with liquid. A blood bag.

I tore open the package with my teeth and start drinking. Losing all control. Right now I'm thankful he showed up at the hospital, thankful he got me out of there before this happened with some poor man or women who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When the package is empty I trow it in the nearby dumpster.

"Thank you."

"You needed it." He says calmly. Looking down to meet my eyes. "Why the fuck where you even in a hospital when you can't even control yourself enough to not get noticed in a school." His voice is louder now, filled with an emotion of some kind.

"What? I controlled myself perfectly at school." Recounting the moment Bonnie got me out of my trance, no one saw that right?

"Stefan noticed you, how you where on the verge of losing control when the dark haired girl snapped you out of it."

Fuck, so someone did notice. At least it was Stefan, and not some innocent school boy who doesn't know what was going on and freaked out.

"Well I'm sorry I can't perfectly control myself like you and Stefan can. Pretending to be human all the fucking time! At least I can control myself enough to live a normal life. At least not having to pretend around Bonnie!"

I'm angry, I don't even know who I'm angry with, or why this outburst comes now, with the man who I thought I loved so long ago.

"I had to do this all by myself Damon. No one helped me figure shit out. No one helped me to even control myself. I lived from day to day for two whole years, just feeding when I felt like it. Running away when people started to notice. I..."

I can't finish my sentence. His lips crash against mine and he pushes me against the wall of the ally. He is older and stronger than me and for a second I'm debating my chances of snapping his neck.

But his lips on mine bring back memories. Memories I tried to forget for years. Memories I didn't even want to think about anymore. Memories of a better time in my life, when this raven haired beauty was showing me the world.

I get lost in the kiss and his body against mine. My body automatically forms to his familiar one. His hands in my hair and mine against his chest.

He pulls away way to soon and my body immideatly craves more. A puff of air escapes my lips as I look up into his eyes. His hands are holding my face in place and he looks down at me with those mesmerising eyes of him.

"What was...." I start but his finger pushes against my lips, shutting me up.

"Damon, [Y/N], you're here." Stefan comes around the corner.

Damon is no longer pushing me against the wall with his body. He is now standing a few feet away from me. I quickly compose myself again so my body doesn't betray itself.

"Yeah, [Y/N] kinda had a hard time with all the blood around." Damon pushes himself of the trashcan he was sitting on and starts walking towards his brother.

"Elena is already in the car, she got painkillers and shouldn't use that hand a lot for the next week or so." Stefan's body is still turned towards me, his eyes drifting away to the empty bloodbag on the ground.

I nod and start to follow the two brothers towards the car. I decide to let my car stand here at the hospital. I can always pick it up tonight.

They drop us off at Elena's place and even before we can step out of the car her aunt comes running out of the house and towards Elena.

After she has calmed down and we've ensured her that Elena will be fine and it was just an accident, she finally stops talking.

"I'm gonna head home." I say, turning around to walk in the direction of my house.

"You left your car at the hospital, let me bring you home." The brown haired girl has freed herself out of her aunts arms and has started looking through her purse for her car keys.

"No need, the fresh air will do me good, and your car keys are inside on the kitchen counter. I'll see you tomorrow at school."

I wave goodbye and wait till they are inside to change my direction and head to the woods. That bloodbag wasn't enough and I crave more every passing minute.

I know I can't just kill someone's right now, it's daylight and the chance of being seen is pretty big.

With that on my mind, and what happened in the alley next to the hospital, I head to the Salvatore mansion. Maybe it's time me and Damon have a good talk.