Reason ][ Klaus Mikaelson

I'm not a perfect person
There's many thing I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I lay in bed, the sheets cold against my bare skin. I don't want to get out of the safety and comfort of my bed. Why would I? I've cried myself to sleep again last night, like I did every time the last week or two.

Why does it hurt so much. I knew how he was the moment I met him. He had done awful things when we were together. He promised to change every time, but after a week he'd pass the line again. This time it was just to much to handle.

-----------
"Klaus?" I walk through the compound, looking for the man I call my 'boyfriend' or 'partner' as he likes to call it himself. We've only met around three months ago but some way it instantly clicked.

I open the door to his bedroom. The bed is unmade and there are canvasses scattering the floor. Klaus is nowhere in sight. Maybe he went down when he heard me.

I turn around and close the bedroom door. Down the stairs I think I hear some muttered voices. The thick English accent of the Original vampire stands out between the voices.

Suddenly he screams and I run to the balustrade. Elijah stands between him and a group of vampires who apparently pissed him off. He pushes Elijah aside and jumps on the first vampire, biting him in his neck, spreading his hybrid venom through the poor man's system. He runs after the other two, grabbing their hair and ripping their heads of their bodies.
--------

I shiver when I think back to that moment. Within the hour I had packed all my things and was on my way to the other side of the river. He tried to stop me, even apologized. But after seeing him like that I just couldn't stay.

Elijah had come to me, pledging for his brother. Trowing in his charms to try to convince me to come back. He said Klaus felt miserable, like he had never seen him before.

I trow off the covers, I can't stay in bed. Cami called, she's coming over in a few minutes. Apparently Klaus had gone sorrow drinking with Marcel, who told Cami everything Klaus had spilled in his drunk state.

I'm just pulling on some sweatpants as my doorbell rings. I quickly put my hair in a messy braid while running to the door. She stands against the wall next to the door.

"O sweet Y/N." Her voice is full of compassion as she quickly embraces me in a hug.

"I'm fine Cami."

"You don't sound fine, neither do you look fine."

Her bright eyes bore right through my poorly build up facade. Who am I even kidding. I'm not fine at all.

"Do you know he is scared to come over?"

I look up to her, being freed from her bone crushing hug. Klaus, the original hybrid is scared to cross the river and talk to a human girl. Yeah right.

"I know, unbelievable, but he really is. He's scared he lost you forever."

"What's your points Cami?"

She steps aside, and a few feet behind her stands the man I thought I'd never see again. And deep inside I'm happy that he is here, but on the surface wins the anger and sadness.

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

He does indeed look miserable, he hasn't shaved his beard and his hair is a mess. I have the feeling the hollow look in his now quite dull eyes, mirrors my own.

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
That's why I need you to hear

"Nik. Why are you here. I told you everything a two weeks ago."

"Please, Y/N hear me out, please."

The shock is written on Cami's face. Is Niklaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid, really begging a human to listen to him?

I motion for him to go on, he steps closer, now standing two steps away from me. Cami moves to stand behind him.

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

"I know I am a mad person, that I've killed thousands of innocent people, and even more people who have done me or my family wrong. I am the devil himself, but I am even worse without you. You make me want to be a better person. You make me want to right the wrongs that I did."

And the reason is you

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

"Please Y/N, can you take a look and that big and beautiful heart and forgive me. I am a mess without you by my side. Many people have tried to change me, to redeem me. My own brother never succeeded, but for you my love, I want to change who I am. To change the evil power hungry man I used to be."

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

Tears fall from my eyes as I see the powerful man fall apart in front of me. This beautiful and damaged man is begging for me to forgive him. To forgive him for his cruel deeds.

This man has loved me with his whole heart, and I really want to forgive him. My heart wants to run into his arms and never let go again. But my head says to wait, to be careful, to not get my heart broken again.

The silence hangs in the air like a heavy blanket and fear is evident in Klaus's eyes as my answer is delayed.

My heart wins it from my head and my legs instinctively walk towards the man in front of me. He opens his arms and as soon as I reach him he spins me around.

"Thank you, so much my love." His whispers in my ear bring more tears to my eyes as I cling onto for dear life.

The road to fully trust him will be long, but I have a feeling it will all be all right in the end. This is the man I fell in love with months ago, and it is he man I'll love for a whole lot longer.