Chapter 13

Creatures were everywhere. Humans, demons, angels, reapers, all of them. They all seemed to be searching for something, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Excuse me," said an elderly woman. Her hair was a light gray, her dress white. Her face, though slightly wrinkled with age, was nearly flawless. I guessed she was an angel, maybe half.

"Yes?" I asked her, my voice sounding thick and foreign.

"Have you seen a child, about this big, with pitch black hair and different colored wings?" She held her hand at about the center of her thigh, indicating the height of the child she was looking for. As I looked closer at the woman, I noticed that she looked familiar to me, but I didn't know why.

Is she after me? I thought. But I'm way taller than that.

Suddenly, the woman looked confused. "Where did she go? Am I talking to people that aren't there again? I must be losing it faster than I expected..." She continued muttering to herself as she walked toward...... and through me.

I looked down at myself. I looked solid enough to me. I wondered if I had just imagined it, but it had felt so real.

"Selena, hurry. We must not miss the beginning of the play."

I turned to see my mother, holding the hand of a mini me, who was short, and probably about four years old.