Chapter 6

(Sorry for making you guys wait for so long. I really don't know why I didn't update sooner.... Maybe writers block, or I might not have wanted too. For those of you who don't know, I am extremely lazy, and I think this story is starting to go downhill. At least I know how I'm going to end it! That's always a good thing. Tell me what you think. I want to know if you guys still think this story is good, or tell me what little things I could do to make it better. I'm only writing this for you guys. Maybe I'll bring in a character from the first book to change things up a bit. Tell me who you think its gonna be! Here's the hint: its a he. See you next chapter! Whenever that's gonna be...)

I instinctively spread my wings and jumped out of my bed, only to fall to the floor in pain. I clutched the stuffed bear in my hand with all my might, and tried to stand.

I felt my father fold my wings gently back into place and pick me up. Maria was right beside him, and the three of us left for the deck, Maria carrying our essential luggage.

When we reached the deck, the humans were in a panic. Everyone was scrambling for the lifeboats, and children were crying. I knew I would be fine, because my father would get us to safety, But Maria might have to take a lifeboat.

"Maria, take a lifeboat back to London and then catch another ship over to America," my father instructed. "I'll take Selena on over."

"But there is still at least 2,500 miles until you can even see America."

"We'll be fine," my father said reassuringly. "Once the lifeboats head back to shore, we'll go."

"Alright," Maria complied reluctantly. "Be safe..."

I gave her a weak smile, and she gave a worried smile back before running to catch a lifeboat.

*

About an hour later, the lifeboats were all almost out of sight, along with everyone. A couple of people had tried to get us on a lifeboat, but my father messed with their heads and they left us.

"Close your eyes, Selena, and don't open them until I say so."

I nodded, and closed my eyes. I felt us start to fly through the air, and I instantly knew everything would be okay.

*

"It's getting worse, isn't it, Mom?" I asked her reluctantly.

"I am afraid it is, Sweetheart," she replied.

"Is the only way to stop it really to find you?"

"Either save me or find another angel who can help."

"Where can I find another angel?"

"I am not sure," she admitted, "but there has to be one out there somewhere. Maybe someone in America can save you."

"I hope so, Mom."

*

I woke up, but kept my eyes closed, not certain if I could open them yet or not. I felt grass beneath me, and knew that we were at our destination.

"You can open them now."

I opened my eyes to see my father smiling at me.

"I guess your mother called for you?"

I nodded.

"What did she tell you this time?"

"That another angel might be able to help me."

Dad was quiet. Maybe he had already thought of that. Or maybe he wanted me to become a demon. But if I did, he wouldn't have anything left of Mom if we couldn't save her. What did he want? All I knew was that I wanted to be me again.

"Did she say where we could find another angel?" he asked.

I shook my head. "She said there were probably some in America, but not where specifically we could find them."

Dad nodded in understanding. He stood and walked over to me and helped me up.

"Perhaps we should search for this angel while we wait for Maria to arrive. She'll probably be here in a few weeks."

"Alright," I said, then grabbed my stuffed bear off the ground and followed my father into a huge city filled with people.

"Where are we?" I asked in awe. It looked nothing like London, and everyone was talking in a funny accent.

"I believe we are in Boston."

"Do you think there are any angels in this city?"

"There is a high possibility."

"Then let's start searching!"