27

@

While eating, Tye told me the story of once he learned that football was similar to rugby, he knew America was the place for him. We also talked about my times of soccer and track. He was actually a pretty interesting guy. When we were done, I attempted to pay the bill but he quickly slid his credit card through the register. I looked down at my phone. Riley, Nate, and Carson had been trying to get ahold of me. Blowing my phone up with texts. Good thing my phone was on silent. I opened the messages and answered Riley back, knowing it would get to all three of them, since they are always together. 

Me: Hey sorry,  been busy. Pick me up from Patsy's?

Riley: Duh! on our way. maybe we could eat.

Me: Already did. I'll sit with you all though. 

Riley: See you then! 

I locked my phone with the side button and told Tye I'd be meeting my friends here. "Maybe you want to give me your number first?" He asked holding his iPhone x out. I sighed. "Sure." I took it and put my number in his contacts. "Don't abuse it." I laughed, handing it back. He smiled. "Of course not. I'll wait here with you until they get here." He motioned for the table by the door. "Okay." 

It didn't take long for them to arrive in the SUV and enter the door. "Tye it's lovely to see you here." Riley smiled proudly at me. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the table. "Riles. Nate. Carson." Tye smiled at them. he then turned to me and smiled. "see you soon?" I smirked and met his brown eyes. "maybe." He chuckled and hugged me tightly. "You will, you're coming to our party tonight right?" I scrunched my brows at Nate. Riley put her hand on my shoulder. "We were about to tell you." I raised my brows as if saying aha. "Of course!" Tye shouted back and left for the door. "ready to go chica?" I scrunched my brows at her use of the word chica. "Did you not want to eat?" I asked, pointing at the table. "We do but you already ate." I shrugged at Carson and sat down. "It's fine." 

"So spill on the tea." Riley faced me, sitting next to Nate at the table. Carson being next to me. "What tea?" I asked, taking the pills from her hand incognito, then popping them in my mouth quickly. Dry swallowing. my aunt walked over to the table. "Nice to see you, kids, again." She smiled at the group. "Meal is on the-" I cut her off, shaking my head. I dug into my purse for my wallet and shoved a 20 in her face. "Love you V." I kissed my aunts cheek and walked out with my friends. "I'm staying over at Riley's tonight if that's cool with you?" I poked my head in the door asking. "Of course." She smiled widely. "Thank you!" I shouted back and followed my friends to their car. I know I haven't been spending a lot of time with my family, but there is plenty of time for that. I mean, I live with them. 

"Anyways, spill the damn tea on Tye." Riley took ahold of my arm and shook me. I laughed, shaking her off. "Fine." Then I filled them in on the story as we rode to the house. Everyone in the car was shook. "Holy shit! Tye, we've known him since he moved here. He's never shown any interest in any girl. Everyone thought he was closeted." Carson told me, taking my hand to help me out of the car. The high obviously kicked in. "In the locker room, we used to call him flames. And not because he was great in football like he thought." Nate laughed, holding the door to their home open. Sounded kind of cruel. I walked over to the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of water for myself, and tossed the rest their own. 

"Maybe he was just looking for the right girl." Riley smiled and wiggled her brows. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the suede couch. "So a party tonight?" I asked scrunching my brows. "You party every night?" I questioned laughing. Carson answered, sitting in the recliner next to me. "Well, not really. Sometimes it's just us, which you already know, sometimes it's 20 people and others its over 60." I nodded along. "Tonight?" Taking a sip of water. Nate smirked, "Expecting about 130 people." He plopped down on the couch next to Riley. "More walking dead?" Riley asked turning on the tv and clicking over to Netflix. We all nodded and began watching the show. 

All through the show, I kept looking down at my phone. Expecting a text from Carl, begging me for forgiveness so I could have the simple pleasure of rejecting it. Instead, I got some game notifications telling me my energy is filled up. I sighed. Then i saw Tye had texted me. 

[unknown number]: Hey it's Tye. Just wanted to see how you're doing.

*contact saved*

Me: I'm fine as always. You're coming tonight right?

Tye: Of course! you're probably getting ready so i'll see you later.

I set my phone down and the episode we were on, ended. "Guys we've been sitting here for hours." I stood up, throwing my empty water bottle away. "Shit really? We should be buying snacks, drinks, and waiting on the DJ." Nate jumped up. "Looks like we're shopping." Riley wiggled her brows. I stood up smiling. "No you girls stay here. Next thing you know we are having a unicorn themed party and pink shit." Nate laughed hitting Carson's shoulder. "It'll be faster just the two of us." Carson sighed. They left. "I swear those two think we are some prissy little girls." Riley laughed, pulling out a hidden box of chocolate from behind a box of lemon Oreos. "The guys hate lemon Oreos so I hide the chocolate next to them. I'm selfish with it but you can have some this time." I took a truffle and looked down at my phone. "Do you think i'm being too hard on Carl?" I looked back up at the too perfect girl. She crunched her brows with a worried glance, then she laughed. "Honey, if Nate were to do anything remotely close to what Carl did, i'd be sending him pictures of me with other guys just to piss him off. You are going too easy on him if you ask me." I sighed. I don't know why, but i felt that i was being too rough. Not giving him a chance to explain himself. I shook the thought from my mind. "I just feel guilty." I finally stated out loud. She shook her head. "You didnt do anything wrong." I shook my head. I had. Hadn't I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

authors note:

I have writers block. 

~Delilah B xx