33

Waking up in the hospital has become a habit of mine. Not one I was too fond or even proud of. tubes sticking down my throat, i threw up, they pulled the tubes out, i passed back out. Just as before. 

When i finally woke up, i was faced with the bright hospital lights. "You are awake!" Kev exclaimed, hugging me. "Death. It's fun." I joked, livening up his down face. He scrunched his brows. "Thats morbid!" Then i looked over at V. "Now that you are awake. What the fuck are you doing popping pills?" I huffed out a sigh and clenched my jaw. The Gallaghers were in the room too. My eyes met Lip's. "What? i'm not!" I exclaimed. "I take meds for my anxiety you know that! i was just feeling extra-" Lip cut me off crossing his arms. "No. I didn't realize anxiety meds came in bags." My face was burning hot from anger. "what are you even talking about?" He stood up and moved over to the counter holding my clothes. He pulled out a bag from my pocket. "Then what the fuck is this? I know what i saw earlier." I stared at him with an angry glare. "Fine." Everyone looked at me as if i was insane. I was actually on the verge of tears and I rarely cry. "I was stressed from everything I've been through, I was just having fun. I wasn't expecting to get addicted," I plead my case as strongly as i could. I wasn't lying. My uncle frowned, "I understand." Then Debby slightly smiled, oddly, "Addiction you say?" I scrunched my brows at her confused. Then all the Gallaghers exchanged looks of lightbulbs going off in their heads, then my Aunt and uncle both caught the look. "Carl," My aunt smiled wide. Speaking of which, where was he? "what do you mean? Speaking of which... where is he?" Trevor spoke for everyone, "He was afraid you tried to OD because you didn't love him. He figured you didn't want to see him." Well that was the stupidest thing i've ever heard. 

"Text him and tell him he's crazy and i want to see him," I demanded Ian, "Now what about him?" They didn't say anything. So i asked again. Nothing. I finally gave up after the 12th time.

Then, he caught my eye. He had a habit of showing back up in my life puffy eyed. He stuck his hands in his shorts pocket, his shirt hoodie loosely hanging from his shoulders. "Can you guys give us a minute? Also i just threw my guts up yet again, I'll give you some money if-" Ian shook his hand, "we got it." Fiona hugged me smiling, "I'll get something from patsy's and we can all eat here." I thanked her and took Carl's hand the moment everyone was gone and the door was closed. "Look at me." He looked up to the cieling. "No, look at me." He finally met my eyes and i had to hold back from crying. "Look, I love you. I love you so damn much is scares the hell out of me. I told you about all my previous relationships. Carl Gallagher, I love you. I love you." He smiled and shook his head, "Cheesy babe." Then he kissed me gently. "Why did it take you to OD for you to say that back?" I shook my head at him. "Shut up and kiss me," I pulled on his shirt and kissed him. "I love you," He said when he pulled away. "Likewise," I smirked. "So Ian hasn't gotten any more calls from that Mickey guy right?" He shook his head smiling. "Nope." That was good to hear. Ian has been through quite a lot and he doesn't need Mickey problems. 

My phone began ringing, It was Riley. "Hello?" she sounded worried. "Your family wouldn't let us in so we are standing outside. We just saw them leave. Can we come up?" I thought for a second and told her yes. Why would My Uncle and Aunt do that? A few seconds later my friends were in the room. "So, why won't your family let us up?" I shrugged at Nate not being able to think of a good reason. 

A few minutes later everyone walked back into the room. "So why wouldn't you guys let my friends up?" The room went silent and smiles fell. "What are you talking about the Gallaghers are right here," My uncle thought i was dumb. I shook my head. "Fine, We thought it would be a good idea if you all stopped hanging out." I'm an adult what the hell is V talking about?

"Why?" She gave me an apologetic smile. "They got you hooked on drugs," Fiona answered. I shook my head. "I'm a grown woman who made that decision. Where is Lip?" I asked when fiona handed over a mushroom and swiss burger with fries and a shake. "You remember me telling you about Mickey's sister mandy? Well, shes back in town. He's dealing with that." I scrunched my brows. What is it with these damn Milkovichs? I Didn't say another word until I was done with my food. 

"So, video games when they let you out in the morning?" Carson asked Carl and I. We nodded. "Sounds good to me," I smiled. I know everything wasn't normal, but like always I kept a positive attitude about things. I looked down at my phone and texted Lip, who ratted me out. He must think I hate him. He didn't need that right now especially if his toxic ex was back. 

me: Hey, thanks for trying to help me. I appreciate it, even though I'm still a bit mad, i know you did it out of the kindess of your heart to help me. You're always looking out for me and well EVERYONE who walks into your life. Speaking of which, If you need to talk about anything, I'm here for you. xx

I put my phone away and stared at all the loving faces in the room. All of these people were here because of me. I felt genuinely loved, especially with Carl at my bedside holding my hand. Maybe I didn't have much to be stressed about anymore. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note

I know i haven't updated in a really long time but i've been writing another story and I'm in college so i barely have time to write but i will try my best, i promise, to write more on this story. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 40K IM LITERALLY SO HAPPY I CRIED. 

~Delilah B. xx