Kirigiri.

"Proposal?"  

"Kirigiri, what is the proposal?" 

Kyoko Kirigiri rolled her eyes then said, "There is a case I want you to assist me on. I've heard you're a pretty talented Detective much like myself." 

"I see, what's the case for and exactly why do you need me?" Shuichi replied. 

"I can't tell you about the case unless you accept my offer, it's confidential." Kyoko repiled. 

Shuichi sighed. Kyoko Kirigiri wasn't letting anything slip, she was extremely to herself and exactly like a Detective stereotypically was. 

"If I accept, who will I be working with?" Shuichi questioned.

"It will most likely be myself, my partner and yourself." Kyoko continued, "Plus anyone you think would help on the case but be aware that we are trying to keep the case as secret as possible." 

Shuichi thought for a moment before making a decision. "I accept." 

"Good, I thought you might." Kyoko smiled slightly sounded relieved, "Are you free right now to discuss the case?" 

Shuichi then remembered about the date. He swiftly removed his phone from his pocket to check the time once again. 3:40pm. "How long will it take?" 

Kyoko thought to herself before swiftly answering, "Around 3 hours to get you to my office building and to be introduced to everyone involved and to be made aware of the case."

"Three hours? Well I've got something important later on this evening but let's start right away." 

Kyoko crossed her arms as if she was expecting something. 

"Have I missed something?" Shuichi asked slightly nervously.

"I don't have the case here with me right now so we are going to have to obviously head to my office." Kyoko instructed, "It won't take long, get everything you need and meet me outside." 

Kyoko then swiftly left the room and headed out the building. Shuichi then quickly grabbed everything he would need, his phone, coat, a pad of paper and a pen and his wallet.

Shuichi then left his office to meet up with Kyoko. 

Just as she promised, she was waiting outside in front of a black car. As soon as she saw Shuichi she signaled for him to get into the car which he did followed by Kyoko. The car door shut behind them and the car instantly started up. "When you said you have something on later, what is it?" Kyoko asked inquisitively. 

Shuichi didn't respond to the question immediately causing Kyoko to speak up, "I shouldn't of asked, we hardly know one another." 

Shuichi had lowered his guard slightly which made him more awkward and also made Kyoko more doubtful in his talents but she put it down simply to nervousness. 

After a long ride, the car finally pulled into a large driveway and parked. Kyoko opened the door and climbed out of the car then closed the car door behind her. Shuichi stayed in the car for a few minutes to get himself then got out of the car. 

Kyoko was gone by the time Shuichi was outside the car so Shuichi was left alone outside the giant building. When he slowly headed into the building, he was overwhelmed with the abnormal situation he was in. Kyoko Kirigiri, an ex-killing game competitor came to him for assistance for a case. 

Even he knew something was very wrong, Kyoko Kirigiri was one of the best detectives in the world and he had no idea why he was chosen by her to help him. Was it because he participated in a killing game to? 

Shuichi finally plucked up the courage and headed inside. 

As soon as he walked into the building, he was shocked. The room was amazing and made his office look like a cheap dump. Kyoko was gathering items from a nice desk in the corner of the aesthetically appealing room. "Don't just stand there, come in." She instructed, making Shuichi jump slightly. 

Shuichi slowly started to make his way over to the desk when a figure walked into the room. His face lit up as soon as he saw Shuichi. "He agreed then?" He chimed with a warm tone. 

Kyoko looked at the figure then smiled. "He wouldn't be here otherwise would he? You're loosing your touch Makoto." 

"Wait.. are you Makoto Naegi?" Shuichi exclaimed awkwardly, "You were in....the first killing game..." 

"Yeah, I am and you must be Shuichi Saihara?!" Makoto replied. 

Kyoto interupted, "Can I please tell him about the case now?" 

Makoto apologised the walked over to her to lay out the case file. Kyoko's demeanour changed into a more serious one. She took a deep breath then opened the file up to display a horrific scene. 

"I'm sorry for this Saihara, you know her right?" Kyoto asked sincerely.

Shuichi was still with shock. He couldn't bring himself to move and was visibly shaking. 

"She's dead...right..?.." Shuichi stuttered. 

"She was murdered around 3 days ago and we thought that's it was more useful to have you on the case as you knew her." Kyoko sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Himiko..that is her....right?...Shuichi managed to spit out. 

"Yes, that is definitely her." Kyoko repiled emotionlessly, "Can you answer my questions now?" 

Shuichi started shaking. He needed to get out of there. He tried to get his phone out but he was shaking so much that it was near to impossible. When he finally got it out of his pocket, he saw the screen light up with a text from Kokichi. 

Kokichi - 6:10pm

Excited for our date? Outside your office at 7 right? Bye x

Shuichi quickly checked the time, 6:30pm. He needed to go. He turned to face Makoto and Kyoko then said nervously, "I'm sorry..I need to go..bye.." before running out. 

Makoto turned to Kyoko then sighed, "You could of been more delicate, he just found out his friend was murdered."

"Maybe you're right but we need his help." Kyoko sighed. 

Shuichi got his phone out of his pocket and quickly called a taxi. By the time the taxi came and Shuichi got inside, he had around 10 minutes to get there or he'd be late.

Meanwhile, Kokichi was heading to Shuichi's office building filled with anxiety about the date. He had dressed up for the occasion by wearing a really nice suit. He looked really abnormal in the outfit as he didn't normally wear anything fancy. 

He was stressed. Extremely stressed.

Kokichi checked the time. 7pm. 

Shuichi wasn't there. "Where is he?..." Kokichi thought to himself over and over again. 

Kokichi reached the location and stood around for a few minutes before wandering around to see if Shuichi was waiting somewhere else. He wasn't. 

"Did he forget?"  "Did he not want to come?"

  "Did he regret even suggesting the idea of the date?" 

Kokichi sighed. Shuichi was never late to anything... Kokichi started to walk away from the location as he had started to give up that Shuichi was coming. He walked for around 5 minutes before he started to hear heavy footprints on the ground behind him starting faintly and gradually getting louder and louder. Kokichi turned around to see an extremely tired Shuichi running towards him, red in the face and begging for breath. 

"I'm..sorry..I'm...late...I..." Shuichi panted, still out of breath from running to catch up with him. 

Kokichi seemed relieved. He did want to turn up after all. 

"It's alright, got me a little worried though." Kokichi smiled. 

"I saw you running away and I just couldn't let the guy I love get away from me again!" Shuichi laughed while still trying to regain his breathing.

Kokichi was startled. Did he just say...'guy I love'?..