Chapter Eightteen

"Hey!" Valerie said as she sat down next to me on the picnic table. "I'm annoyed."

"Why?" Jeremy and I said in unison.

"I can't walk anywhere in this damn school without people staring at me. Like, I'm not even that big yet, what happens when I start to get ginormous, MORE STARES." She said throwing her hands up in annoyance.

"They're probably all staring at how drop dead gorgeous you are." Jeremy said smirking and tossing a chip in his mouth.

"You're hilarious." She said blankly as she formed her mashed potatoes.

"I've been known to be pretty funny, but I wasn't joking." He said tucking a stray piece of hair behind her hair from across the table. She tried hiding a smile and failed as her lips curved up and her cheeks tinted pink.

I glanced across the yard and spotted Caleb and Macy sitting with a group of her girl friends. They were all in deep conversation while Caleb sat there on his phone not paying attention. I frowned and took out my phone, tapping on his contact name and writing out a text.

'You look bored.' The side of his mouth curved up a little bit as he looked around the yard. His eyes connecting with mine. Even from 100 feet away his eyes still bored into me like he was standing right in front of me.

'They're talking about periods.' I read off my phone.

'Sounds like a lovely conversation. You know if you want you can come sit with us, I promise no vaginal bleeding will come up in conversation.' He noticeably held back a laugh as he typed out his response.

'I would, but she's get pissed.' I frowned.

'Let her.' I looked up towards him and noticed him saying something to Macy, who in return rolled her eyes in annoyance. He stood up and started walking towards the school's Cafe entrance, nodding his head towards the door hinting that he wanted me to follow him.

"Hey, I'll see you guys in a bit." I said standing up.

"Okay. I'll see you in Bio." Val said as I waved goodbye and walked towards the Cafe. I walked into the crowded room and looked around for Caleb. After a few seconds scanning the room I noticed him by the doors leading into the hallway.

"Hey." I said smiling up at him.

"Hey there." He replies returning the smile.

"How goes it?" I asked awkwardly not knowing what else to say.

He knitted his eyebrows together, an amused expression etched on his face. "Out of all things you say, you say that?"

"I guess so." I said trying to hide my harasses blush.

He chuckled softly. He glanced into the Café and groaned. I tuned to see Macy entering the café followed by her gang of thots. Caleb lightly grabbed hold of my forearm and led me into a nearby classroom.

 "She's gonna be looking for me to walk her to seventh, but I think I'm gonna dip." He said crouching in front of the darkened classroom door and peering out.

 "You're gonna dip?" I asked confused.

 "I'm not gonna walk her to class, that's what I meant." He said standing upright and walking farther into the classroom. "This is photography right?"

 "I don't know, is it?" I asked sarcastically pointing to the shelves of various cameras and film.

 He rolled his eyes in amusement. "Okay, smarty pants." He paused sitting down in the first desk in the front row. "Teach me." He said smirking.