Chapter Five

"Lorelei get up!" My mother yelled from my bedroom doorway. "Your gonna be late!"

I quickly sat up and checked the time. 7:42. "Shit." I mumbled grabbing the nearest jacket and jeans that laid on my floor. They were probably dirty but at this moment I really don't care. I quickly put the jacket on, pulling the sleeves as far down as they would go in an attempt to hide the fresh bruises on my wrists from my encounter with Axel. I'm surprised nobody has noticed them yet. I put on a coat of mascara and ran out of the apartment, got into my car and sped off towards the school, completely ignoring my rumbling stomach begging me to stop and grab breakfast. I'd have to eat the nasty school breakfast.

When I got to school the senior parking was almost completely filled, I was able to find one spot way in the back which meant I had to walk a good 200 feet in the pouring rain. I put my jacket hood up over my messy ponytail and jogged to the school entrance, getting completely soaked in the meantime. I walked through the entrance to discover an empty hallway.

"Shit shit shit." I mumbled running towards my first class which thankfully is just down the hall from the entrance. I opened the classroom door and walked in, instantly feeling eyes on me. I awkwardly walked up to Ms. K's desk. "Hello miss Bennett how nice of you to join us." She said checking the clock on the wall above the door. "28 minutes late."

"I slept in." I said walking to my seat in the back of the class.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned my head to see Macy Anderson sitting behind me, a smug smirk on her bring red Botox lips. "You look like shit." She said looking down at my soaked clothes and probably messy mascara. I rolled my eyes, the nerve this girl has.

"And you look like a Barbie doll." I countered back.

"At least Barbie dolls don't look like trolls." She said leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms over her chest.

"No, but they are made of plastic. Except instead of plastic your made of Botox." I spat turning around, focusing on what Miss K was saying. I suddenly felt my hair being tugged back. I yelped in pain. I could feel her breath on my neck. "You know, you really don't want to fuck with me Bennett. I can make your life a living hell." She whispered into my ear, roughly letting me hair go.

It's cute she thinks she can scare me with her little threat.

"You don't scare me Anderson." I said humorously.

"I don't scare you yet." She said smirking.

"You don't scare me now, you won't scare me tomorrow, hell you won't scare me next year. You're a harmless little hoe who's not worth my time."

"A hoe who fucked your man." She said, her smirk growing on her smug little face.

"Axel and I aren't together anymore so I really don't care."

"I fucked him 2 months ago, while you guys were together, we've been fucking for months behind your back." She said laughing under her breath making my blood boil. "He got bored of you a long time ago, Bennett."

I felt a pinch behind my eyes but I held back my tears. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of watching me cry. "Good for you." I said getting to my feet and grabbing my bag. I was not going to sit here and listen to her hoe stories with my boyfr- ex boyfriend..

"Miss K I need to be excused." I said walking out of the classroom not waiting around for her response. I walked down the lonely hallway repeating her words in my head. I knew Axel had gotten bored of me but I never thought he's stoop so low as to cheat on me. Especially with the girl who's known to sleep around. Tears fell from my eyes, this time I couldn't stop them. I got to my locker sliding down the cold metal until I was sitting on the floor, burying my head in my knees and silently crying to myself.