Chapter Two

"Girl that dress is so cute on you!" Valerie said taking in the red strapless dress I was wearing. I smiled looking in the mirror. I had done my makeup and slipped the first dress I could find in Valerie's closet on. Jeremy's party was starting in 1 hour even though I really would rather sit at home and do nothing I knew he'd be disappointed so I last minute decided I'd go for 3 hours tops.

"It starts at 8 right?" Valerie asked checking the time on her phone. I nodded in response.

"Valerie hunny, When are you going to be home?" Valerie's mom, Bethany asked opening her bedroom door and sticking her head in.

"Dunno, I might just spend the night." She said not making eye contact with her mom, typing on her IPhone 5C.

"Okay well please be safe." She said smiling up at me. "You look lovely Lorelei."

"Thanks." I said slipping on my black flats as she shut the door shut behind her.

"Okay well Jeremy wants us to get there early to help set stuff up." She said slipping her phone into her black purse. She was wearing a baby blue spaghetti strap dress that came mid thigh. She also wore her usual heavy makeup.

We walked outside and were instantly hit with a cold wind gust. I slipped on my black sweater, holding it tightly to my torso basking in the warmth. Forks Washington wasn't one of the warmest states, in fact it was on of the rainiest states. It's rare we ever get a nice sunny day.

10 minutes later we reached Jeremy's 3 story mansion. Okay maybe not a mansion but in comparison to my apartment it definitely was. Valerie and I walked into his home and walked into the kitchen. The island in the middle was covered with all different types of alcohol and mixers. Jeremy walked in with his arms filled with various bags of chips, setting them atop the counter.

"Do you think this is enough?" He asked pointing his thumb in the direction of the alcohol. Valerie's eyes lit up, eyeing a bottle of Jack Daniels on the counter. "Oh, I think so." She said picking up the bottle, taking a gulp of it.

"Someone's getting started early." Jeremy said winking at Valerie causing her cheeks to turn a bright pink.

"Are you two gonna make out or are we gonna set shit up?" I said getting annoyed. They both looked at me furrowing their eyebrows. I put different kinds of chips in separate bowls and took out several bags of red solo cups, placing them on the counters. I poured some rum in a cup followed by coke and sipped. The sting in my throat caused me to cough.

"Easy tiger." Jeremy said sipping from his own cup. About 30 people arrived 15 minutes early already getting drink after drink in there system. After 4 cups of rum and coke I was tipsy and ready to leave but that obviously wasn't on Valerie's mind as she flirted with some dude who looked to be about 20. I sighed angrily walking into the living room and sitting on the sofa.

I felt a hand on my shoulder causing my to jump. "Hey you." Axel said sitting down next to me.

"Hey." I said putting my legs over his and laying my head on the armrest.

"How much have you had to drink?" He asked putting his hand on my thigh.

"4 I think." I said not really paying attention to what he was saying.

"4 what?" He asked staring at me in amusement.

"Rum and coke." I said shrugging.

"Want me to get you another?" He asked already getting up not letting me protest. Whatever, what will another drink do. Moments later he came back, lifting my legs and putting them back on top of his. I sipped at the drink. Or should I say battery acid. Axel has a bad habit of putting way more alcohol than he should and only small portions of cola or some other mixer.