Chapter Twenty Two

My eyes narrowed at his devilish face. I wanted to kill him for Leo, I wanted to set my kind free. All of us deserved this but he, one of us, had made it so we had to run and hide. The ironic part of this is that he was the one who used his power for bad things where as, the people he killed and hunted down. They were good people. Leo had not hurt anybody! Not even when he was under this monsters control and he had killed him. Killed him because of me! Maybe, I did deserve this. To be captured and have this monsters wrath installed opon me. But I sure as hell was not going down without a fight and I sure as hell was going to fight for justice. Not just for sweet Leo but for everyone. Including the non-gifted people who feared us for no reason.

The ground started to vibrate as my balance shifted from one foot to another. My baby blue eyes laced with confusion. I looked directly into his eyes as he smirked at me, he knew who this was and judging by his face it was someone to help him. My hand clasped round the guards wrist who had pulled me here in order to keep him balance too as my other hand gripped a ladder which was stuck against a building. At first the guard had tried to pry my hand off of his but when the earth vibrated more violently, he allowed and clung to me more.

My eyes dashed around to see Dylan and his brother stood on a roof. Dylan was focusing his hand on the ground where as, his brothers eyes were on me. I dropped the guards hand and began climbing the ladder. They had followed me. To help me. The only other person whose done that was Leo and obviously this monster but they could have just left me. I inwardly grin it just have been Dylans idea.

The wind howled as I stood up on the roof. It blew my blond hair sideways in random directions as I looked out into the distance at all the building below. A wave of peacefulness rushed through me, as the sun's rays danced against everything it touched including my wild hair. If this is what life could be like for me, I was all for it however, we have a battle to fight and I intend to win.

I fix on the two brothers who were on the opposite roof. Dylan's brother was signalling me to jump across to them. I hate to admit that fear rushed through me before I took off in a run and gently leaped, my lips opening to scream as I reached my hand up. A little jugs runs through my body as a hand clasps my wrist. I look up to see those gorgeous eyes looking at me before he easily pulls me up. I feel his hands slowly leave my waist before he delicately snaps his brother out of his power.

When both of their eyes are on me I can't help but to smile, "thank-you guys."

Before I can stop myself in hugging both of them gently. The thought that we are still near where The Faculty are makes me jump away from them. We need to get out of here.

I take a few steps back and when Dylan quickly follows I hold my hand out to stop him, he seems to get the message as he joins his brother. They are both staring at me curiously. Dylan has a worried look written on his features however, his brother is just eager to see what I'm going to do.

I shyly close me eyes aware that both of them are looking at me without blinking. I inhaled a deep breath before I started calling for my ability. I started close together, the force vibrating through my hands making me twists them around and move them away from each other. My eyes are a mix between their already blue ones and the pink. I inhale again sharply as I see the pink-blue portal opening. I hadn't thought of where to go which was dangerous but then, I just thought where are there more of us? People who can help us. And then the last place Leo has been happy appeared- the place where we had run from. The Rebellion. My eyes still flickered between the two colours and the vibrations caused me to keep moving my hands to keep it steady. I glanced from both brothers they still were curious but I had noticed they had given me more room. With a nod of my head to Dylan, I signalled him through. He was now taking sharp breathes and convincing himself to do it.

Suddenly, his brother quickly shoves him through and quietly follows through without a second glance to me. I shudder myself and jump through.

I see The Rebellion warehouse around us, people with wide eyes. I stumble a bit but I feel firm hands around my waist holding me steady. I do not look up at them. The feeling or their rough hands around me sends a shiver done my spine and the hands only tighten when they see Dean and the other leaders rushing to see why everybody has stopped working.

His eyes go wide at the sight of me but then he carefully looks around. For Leo. I nearly sob out loud when he gives me a knowing look of pity for the loss of my friend and I hang my head. It's my fault he is dead. He would be alive if he stayed here.

Dean walks over to us and goes to pull me into a hug however, Dylan and his brother stand over me. They clearly have trouble trusting people and who was to blame them after everything they've been through. They were made puppets by a monster and now they were themselves they was not going to trust that willingly. However, Dean turned angry and started shouting horrible things at me and called for back up and it's when I noticed that the brothers were still in The Faculty uniforms.