Chapter Five

Sitting their silently, as the man worded it so now they were informing us of why they wanted me. I smiled inwardly, i needed to know why they needed me or why they wanted me. They had a whole group of us, surely they had enough people to do whatever they wanted to do. I laughed when they began walking away causing them to stop and lift me up off the floor. I looked directly into his chocolate eyes and just store at him not backing down. He didn't say anything just kept staring. My eyes flashed pink and i began tilting my head ever so slightly, as his grip on my shirt loosened. I smiled as his hand completely fell to his side and he stumbled back in shock to what he had just done. I knelt down joining the people who i had been found with as they all looked dumbfounded to what had just happened. I was glad that nobody had noticed that i had just used a power on him. They wouldn't think i was strange for having another gift. They know me as the electric girl and i hope i can make it stay that way.

They take us to another cage however, this one is much cleaner and bigger and we haven't got something suppressing our powers. When we are left alone we all flock together clearly coming up with a strategy, we need to get them to trust us, for one. I know what will however, the man is advising against it. Maybe they just need my help with something. Maybe they just want to help me. I frowned.

"We should just tell them," I say blankly. The sister and brother nod in agreement but i can see the cogs in his head turning, to see how and what he could say to get me from revealing myself. I don't know why he needs to protect us, he got us out and for us to stay it only means i admit to my power. Granted, i could have put them in danger but a power is a power. Reluctantly agrees.

When the leader comes in. I grip the bars tightly, white spots appearing on my fingertips. My heart beats at a fast rhythm against my chest as my eyes gloss, i'm really scared to let them know about me. What will they do? I gain is attention and i gulp, trying to get the words out when all i hear is him and everyone start laughing.

"You're not the one who took the power grid down."

My mind went blank as his words echoed in my head. It was repetition of the same thing being told i'm not worthy of being something or doing something. My grip on the bars loosened as my arms fell loosely to my side. My eyes closed, fidgeting against the lid as the veins enter. I kept my mouth shut, biting my lip every now and again. I could sense the people in the cage take a step away from me, as the veins appear on my arms. I could feel the power of this place below me almost begging for me, to take it. My eyes flash open the neon white now shining brightly like i had been possessed. I took a step away from the bars before slowly kneeling down to gain their attention. I kept my eyes down not showing them just yet. I reached my arm down once my palm softly hit the ground i spread my fingers creating a little distance between each one, when i felt the energy of the building flowing into me i finally allowed them to see my eyes and smirked when they realised i was telling the truth. It took me awhile to stop taking their energy. It was like a burning sensation every time i did this. Like a drug. Hesitantly, i stood up my body fighting against me as i stood up.

Feeling the weight of me turning the power off i positioned myself against the wall to steady myself. It was always exhausting after using them yet somehow, they always pulled me in. It's like an itch that nobody can explain. I cross my arms against my chest as i rested my head against the wall with my eyes shut. My lips parted slightly as i breathed in the air to focus myself. When i opened my eyes everyone was looking at me. i ruffled my hair as i slumped to the floor bringing my knees and wrapping my arms around them. I sigh when i realise they are not going to take their eyes off of me.

"You know it was me. Can you stop looking now and maybe even let us out of here! We escaped one cage and with us having our powers believe me, we can do it again."