These Trees Have Eyes

(Lauren POV)

I sat down on a log when I started to get a little tired.

I usually walk a lot further in the morning but I must have slept funny because everything's a little sore today.

I love walking through the woods in the morning, listening to the birds chirp and the little critters running through the leaves.
The sound of twigs cracking under my feet is the most peaceful way to start my day.

I was playing on my phone, reading though social media, the least favorite part of my morning, which is why I do it in a happy place.

People never have anything nice to say anymore..

I heard what sounded like footsteps coming toward me and began to look around but couldn't see anything.

It must be the wind or some animal, at least that's what I guessed it would be.

As I look up from my phone though I'm nearly face to face with some blonde gentleman.

"OH!" I yelled, falling off my log. "You scared me!"

"I'm sorry." He laughed, extending a hand out for me and easily pulling me to my feet. "I thought I heard someone and came to investigate."

"Well, you found me." I chuckled.

"Yes, I did." He laughed with a dark tone to his voice.

It made me uneasy to say the least.

"Okay.." I smiled weakly. "I should probably be heading home, I've been out here a while."

"Nobody will miss you." He laughed again.

As his mouth opened I saw something I almost couldn't believe.

Teeth..
Razor sharp teeth.

When he opened his eyes from laughing they were no longer brown but blood red and my heart skipped a beat.

What the hell?

"Jesus!" I yelped, tripping again as he leaned over me.

"What's the matter? Scared?" He asked, baring his teeth before leaning closer.

I screamed like an idiot girl from a horror movie and suddenly understood why they all scream like that.

I was scared shitless.

"Please dont." I cried. "I have family-"

"I don't care, sweetheart. Tell me their names and I'll kill them too." He smiled.

Oh god..

I started to cry like a baby, water pouring from my eyes like rain as I thought of the terrible things he was about to do.

"You're pretty you know- AHH!" He screamed like a little girl as something leaped at him.

"This can't be fucking real.." I thought, eyes wide as I watched a huge wolf like creature nearly devour the man.

It bit through his head making the sound of glass shattering before it swallowed the big bite of his face it just took.

Then it ripped his arm off and then his other arm, tossing them both to the side.

It bit into the man's neck, swallowing everything in its mouth and stepping on what was left of his head, crushing it with it's paw.

The creature extended its paw, using its razor sharp claws to tear into the man's chest, eventually sticking it's nose where his heart would be and chewing a hole into his chest.