All I want for Christmas//Jonah

My feet almost dragged as I made my way to my locker. It was Monday and the day was going by so slowly that it was crawling. He was on my mind 24/7 like usual and it just made everything go so much slower. Christmas break was soon and Christmas was on most people's mind, but me? Only he was on my mind. Of course I was excited for Christmas, but he just seemed more important and I couldn't do anything about it. I was lost in my ongoing train of thought so I don't know how, but I managed to put in the right combination to my locker the first time. With a click I opened the door. The hallway had emptied out so when I heard loud footsteps coming down the hall I just figured that someone was late for class. I still had five minutes so I took my time.

I went to grab my binder for French when I heard the same thumping footsteps stop beside me. I look over quickly to see him. He ran his fingers through his hair as his wide eyes met mine and I couldn't help but smile a little. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red as I shook my head in confusion, eyebrows furrowing in the process. I look away and reach into my locker to get my pencil. "Hi" he says, his voice laced with a smile. Our eyes meet again and I don't want to look away. "Hi?" my voice trembles involuntarily. I turn into a fumbling mess around him and I can't tell if he notices or not. Confused, I ask "Um don't you have class?" and he just smiles. "Ya, but I wanted to see you" he says in a way that makes my heart skip more than one beat. I just nod my head and attempt to not squeal in excitement at the situation. He takes my binder from me "Can I walk you to class?". For a moment I just want to scream yes, but then I say "I don't want you to be late to yours" I say, trying to take my binder from him. In a quick step he dodges my hand and starts to to walk towards my class, saying "well, are you coming or not?" And I can do nothing but catch up to him as we walk side by side.

Our arms touch as we walk together and I smile to myself as I feel his eyes on me. "What?" He asks while chuckling slightly. "It's nothing, I just" I start to say but hesitate, not knowing what words to use. "I just, this doesn't seem real you know? I sound really stupid saying that but it's true" I sigh, shaking my head at how weird I sound. "No I get it, I don't really know what I'm doing, I just wanted to see you and then I don't know I didn't want to think twice about it and now we're here" Our hands brush when he stops talking and my face goes red. Neither of us go to move our hands so we walk in silence, side by side, hands touching and then I hold my breath for a small second as he intertwines our fingers and then just as quick as it seemed to have started, we're at the door to my class and the bell rings. "You're late" I say apologetically and he just looks into my eyes. "It was worth it" he says, smiling.
————
I'm sorry but like can this happen to me..........please?
Requested by kaitedog