In the end//Corbyn

The stars that blanketed the sky above me shimmered while I sat on the cold dewy grass field. The spring air was warm and settled around me, I take a breath and let it go shakily. My sweater sleeves hug my hands while I rub my eyes to stop the silent tears. My red face was lit by the pale moon, as I watched the sky to distract myself from my broken heart. The sound of crickets echoed through the field and I just smiled to the stars, I was broken.

My sniffling stopped when I heard the crunching of grass walking towards me, the darkness making it impossible to see anything except the sky itself and the outline of tree and fences. My heart that at the moment seemed to feel shattered, skipped a beat. I felt small and pale in the middle of the field as I heard the light footsteps grow closer. I don't know if I was relieved or terrified when I recognized the blonde hair at the top of his head. I couldn't find my voice, it was lost in between the gasps of air I was trying to take in as I cried. "Corbyn?" I whispered quietly. "Hey...are you, are you okay?" He asks just as quietly, scratching the back of his neck while he walks up to me. I let out a small laugh and shrug, "what does it look like?". He looks around at the trees and then down at his feet while he smiles pitifully, "oh...aha ya I guess not". I look back up at the sky, expecting him to just walk away. He's proved he's good at leaving so why would this time be different.

I flinch when he sits down beside me with a thud. "Do you mind?" He asks awkwardly. I just stay quiet for a while, looking up at the stars and wanting to be anywhere but here. After minutes of nothing, but us breathing in and out, side by side, I say "I love the stars and the moon". I realize how stupid it sounds after I say it and regret it immediately. "Yeah?" He asks innocently, as if he was scared to say something else. "Yeah..." I say quietly and instead of just quitting while I'm ahead I add "it's just cool to think they they're always there, a permanent part of everyone's story. They connect all of us, wether we like it or not.". It's silent again for a moment until he says "I never thought about it that way.". I can feel him looking at me for a few seconds "I think I made a mistake" he whispers. I glance at him with furrowed eyebrows "what do you mean?". He looks at me and Into my eyes, "I let you go" he says.
————
I can't tell if this is good or really bad? Meh