Are you okay//Jonah

The room is dark, almost pitch black. The sound of tears echo in the room, filling my ears. I had never felt so alone. Thoughts race through my mind as I curl up into in my blankets, too tired to fight this feeling any longer. My phone lit up every now and then in the corner, I didn't answer, not wanting or knowing how to explain what I was feeling.

I got up slowly when I heard a hollow knock at the front door. The knocking would start and then stop, only becoming more urgent. I put my hand on the frigid doorknob, opening it cautiously. I let out a breathe of relief that I didn't know I was holding in when I saw the familiar face, Jonah. His warm eyes, perfect smile and messy hair. He seemed out of breathe and concerned when he looked at my tear stained face. "Did you run all the way here?" I ask quietly, looking at my feet. After a a few seconds of silence, my eyes flicker up to his and he shakes his head in disappointment. "That's not what i'm worried about right now y/n, what's going on? You haven't answered any of my texts." He asks quietly. The cold wind outside reaches me and I start to shake as I look back down to my feet on the cold floor.

"I-i don't k-know" I say shakily "you don't need to be worried, i'll be fine". He goes silent again, finding words. "No, no you can't just keep saying that. It's been days, weeks even since you've been like this. You can't keep going on like this. You're not okay, you're not fine." He argues, sounding almost strict. He takes a step closer, making me flinch. "I-i don't wanna be like this" I whisper and he grabs a hold of my hand and grips it, in attempt to comfort me. "I'm sorry, I just feel alone" I laugh pitifully, not knowing what else to do.

"You're not alone though, you have me." He says, taking one more step, just a bit closer. I look up at him, "do I? It doesn't feel it." I whisper. He takes one more step closer, closing the distance and takes me in his arms. He hugs me tightly, not showing a sign of letting go. I shake in his arms, holding in the tears. "Y/n?" He asks in my ear, one hand comfortingly on the back of my head. "Yeah?" I mumble out from the crook of his neck. "You're not alone, you're not okay, but i'm here to help" He says loudly, and for the first time in a long time...I smile brightly through the tears.
—————
This is short, but I like it.
-if the sky falls, I'll catch it