Snowed In

It was a cold, dark morning in the middle of December. Your alarm had woken you up for an early start at work so you tiredly rolled out of bed, taking care not to wake up your husband so early. He didn't need to be at his job for a few more hours and you didn't want to interrupt his sleep.

After putting on your dull uniform and having a really quick bite to eat, you went to open your front door... And were stopped instantly by the huge pile of snow gathered in front of it. You went to look out of your living room window and gasped when you saw how much snow there was. You couldn't help but to stare in awe at the beautiful sight of gigantic snowflakes tumbling from the dark sky and the thick blanket of crisp white snow that covered the ground.

You grabbed your phone to call your boss and say that you couldn't come in, but grinned when you saw a text telling you that the place you worked at was closed anyway due to the weather. As soon as you read the text, you quietly rushed back to your bedroom and got back into your pyjamas. Before going back to sleep, you decided to make yourself a cup of hot chocolate and watch the snow for a bit.

With the warm cup in your hands, you sat comfortably on the sofa and gazed out the window. The snow was really relaxing to watch and you smiled softly to yourself, feeling content. You turned around when you heard the living room door softly creak open and smiled even more when you saw a tired-looking Q walk in.

"I'm gonna guess that we're snowed in, aren't we?" He asked you.

"Yeah, do you want some hot chocolate?" You responded, already beginning to stand up to make the hot drink.

He nodded, hugging you softly as you went to walk past him. He always gave the best hugs!

Once you'd made the drink, the two of you settled down on the sofa together. You snuggled closely together under the blanket Q had brought downstairs and watched the snow together, sitting in a comfortable, peaceful silence.

You loved moments like this; Having unforgettable conversations and laughing with Q was one of your favourite things about your relationship but moments where the two of you could just sit quietly together and feel nothing but relaxed and full of love were absolutely perfect too.

"I love you, (Y/N)." Q murmured softly after a few tranquil minutes had passed.

"I love you too, Bri." You replied, snuggling even closer to him.

Eventually (after you'd both finished your hot chocolate) you both decided to lay down on the sofa and try and get a bit more sleep. Because the sofa was kind of small, you were practically lying on top of him! But neither of you minded this because you were both too comfortable and too tired to care.

You could hear his softly beating heart from where you were lying, and it didn't take long for you to both fall back asleep.

Author's Note:

This fic was inspired by the fact that it's snowing a LOT where I am right now! We never get snow here in the UK so it's really awesome and exciting! I find it really pretty to look at and I really wanted to write a one-shot revolving around this and just having fluffy tired cuddles with Q! >w<