Build-A-Bear

"How come you won't tell me where we're going, (Y/N)?" Brian asked you as you drove.

"It's a surprise!" You replied, smirking, "You'll see soon enough though, so shush."

"Fine, but it better be good!" He said as he rolled his eyes and chuckled at your response to him. He was used to you doing stuff like this, so he decided not to keep questioning you.

He gave you a confused look as you drove into the car park of your local shopping centre. You said nothing as you parked the car, instead just giving him an excited grin. As the two of you hopped out of the car, you gestured for him to follow you. He obliged, still looking confused as you lead him out of the car park and past a few of the shops you'd normally stop to look in.

Eventually you stopped outside of the shop that you'd been leading him to. The look of confusion on his face disappeared as you both laughed for a second, smiling at one another.

"So, all this time you were leading me to Build-A-Bear, huh?" He chuckled with a twinkle in his deep brown eyes.

You nodded, "Yeah! So, wanna make some cute bears?"

"Well, why else would we be here?" He replied sarcastically, chuckling again as he followed you into the store.

You were instantly greeted by a friendly employee as you both looked at the selection of bears, knowing that you wouldn't be able to decide which one to get. As it was the beginning of September, they already had their Halloween related bears in stock and they were all catching your eye.

"Well, I know which one I'm getting," Q smirked, reaching for a black cat bear. He knew how indecisive you'd be (despite being the one to plan this date) so he decided to pick one at random for you.

"Close your eyes and I'll hand you a random one." He suggested, already knowing which specific ones you'd been eyeing up.

"Um, okay? You better give me a good one though!" You responded with a soft giggle as you tightly shut your eyes.

You felt a soft piece of material being placed into your hands, and couldn't help but to smile with approval when you saw that he'd picked out the one that you'd subconsciously wanted the most. The two of you smiled widely at one another before walking towards the machine that would stuff your bears.

- - - - -

After you'd both had your bears stuffed and had picked out a couple of small accessories and clothes for them, it came to naming them. For a moment, you weren't sure what to name yours but then you looked over and saw that Brian was naming his cat after you! A huge smile crossed your lips as you decided to name your bear after him.

As the pair of you left the store with your bears in their cardboard boxes, Brian gave you a quick side-hug. You leant into him for a moment, as you always adored even the briefest of embraces with him. The two of you laughed and talked together as you decided to look in a few more of your favourite shops, both agreeing that the date had been childish but fun.

Author's Note:
I got inspired to write this because me and my friend went to Build-A-Bear the other day! (We're childish, I know, but damn is that place fun) If you're wondering, I made a purple bat and named her Quinn! ^.^