Chapter 1...

• Dedicated to @LeedsLawsonFans

God, I really hate the mid morning traffic in London. I try to navigate around the masses of people pouring out of various building and end up getting bumped into from behind. To add to my bad day, the bump caused my coffee to spill all down my new white top.

‘Great, Just Great.’ I say, annoyed. I now had attractive brown stains all down the front of my t-shirt. The man who had bumped into my tapped on my shoulder.

‘Yes?’ I say huffily, turning round. Behind me stands a gorgeous blonde man with an awesome anchor tattoo. He had an amazing smile and looked genuinely apologetic. Oops, better be slightly nicer!

‘Just wanted to say sorry and also, could I buy you a new coffee considering I spilt most of yours. I had nowhere I needed to be soon and if a gorgeous guy was asking me out then I could hardly refuse!

‘Of Course but I have a job interview soon so it’ll have to be quick.’ I reply, pulling a jumper out of my bag and putting it on to cover the stain.

‘Oh, ok then.’ He says, leading the way to a nearby starbucks. As I sit at a window table, he grabs the drinks.

‘You have to try this, a caramel latte, my absolute favourite!’ He says, sitting opposite me. ‘I’m Ryan by the way.’ He adds on.

‘Chloe.’ I say sipping the latte. It really was good!

‘So, you mentioned a job interview?’ He sounds interested so I go on to tell him about how I was hoping for a photographers job at the music producers, Polydor. It was only temporary as the company wanted to see if having their own photographer cost them less than hiring. I was happy to apply as I was currently unemployed and soon my savings would run out.

‘I’ve heard of them.’ Ryan says, pulling a pair of aviator shades out and placing them on his nose. They suited him down to a t.

‘So, enough about me, What is it you do?’ I ask.

‘Well, I’m in a band actually.’ He says. Wow, I’m impressed. He looked like more of a tough type, with his leather jacket, ripped jeans and numerous tattoos. SO far I had counted three but I bet there were more.

‘You famous? Should I have heard of you?’ I ask kinda embarrassed. He laughs which sets me at ease and then says something which makes me regret my question.

‘We’re with Polydor actually.’ Oops should have done my homework.

‘We’re called Lawson, our debut single has just come out. When she was mine?’ Now I was really impressed!

‘Yeah I’ve heard of it. Gets played on Capital quite a lot.’ I say, trying to keep my cool and doing a pretty impressive job.

‘I wonder if I’ll be shooting you?’ I say, meaning with a camera not a shotgun!

‘I dunno but...’ He breaks off as his phone buzzes.

‘Shit I totally forgot.’ He says. Scribbling something down on a napkin he stands up.

I have to go, but will you text me later?’ He asks handing me the napkin.

‘I guess so.’ I say, also standing and taking the offered napkin.

‘Great.’ He says. He kisses my cheek and walks away, looking back over his shoulder and waving when he gets to the door.

Maybe today won’t be so bad after all!