Chapter 6....

I open my eyes and am immediately blinded by camera lights. Whoa. Hold on....Camera Lights? I look up at Ryan. He is grinning and looking proud of himself.

‘Pretty awesome third date huh?’ He says.

‘Yeah if I knew where we were!’ I say astonished.

‘Chloe, welcome to the brit awards.’ My jaw dropped. The BRIT awards?

‘Ryan. Are you kidding me?’ I say. He just grins and wraps his arms around my shoulder.

‘Smile and wave.’ He says, leading me up the red carpet and into the O2 arena. He leads me to a round table where all the other Lawson boys and their girlfriends are sat. They all smile and say hi except Emily.

‘Ryan, you’ve only just released a single. What’s going on?’ I say still awed.

‘Polydor wanted to give us the experience and gave us all a plus one.’ Andy says from the other side of the table. The boys leave to meet some ‘legend from way back when’. Joel’s words not mine and I am left with Emily, Ava and Kate.

‘So you didn’t know you were coming?’ Kate asks.

‘Nope, still trying to take it in. Ryan just said dress smart and gave me an hour to do it in’ They all laugh except Emily who says:

‘I would have killed Joel if he had done that to me.’ Kate rolls her eyes.

‘We know! You’re killing him anyway.’ She says under her breathe. I look at her in surprise but she mouths, ‘Tell you later, In my direction.

I am still confused when the boys get back. Ryan comes to sit next to me. We still have an hour before the show goes live, so we sit and chat for a bit. Ten minutes later five boys approach us, five boys who I recognise and hate. Andy stands and shakes hands with Harry Styles.

‘No spare tables! They forgot to reserve us one. D’ya mind if we share with you?’ Liam asks Joel.

‘Nahh, we’ll make room, sit down!’ He says. Which is how I found myself sat on Ryan’s knee talking to five celebrities who are probably the most sought after ever and I’m here hating almost every second. Except the part where I’m sat on Ryan’s knee! Oh, and the fact that I’m at the freaking BRIT AWARDS!

Ryan is talking to Niall Horan about their new song. I’m not really interested but I listen anyway.

‘So, When she was mine.’ Niall was saying. ‘You reckon it’ll be as big as What Makes You Beautiful?’ I see Ryan blink a few times, trying not to show how taken aback he was.

‘Um..Yeah I guess so.’ He says. He glances at me and rolls his eyes. I laugh and Niall looks at me in interest. I see his eyes go up and down my body, taking in every detail. I shudder, hating the feeling.

‘Who’s this?’ He asks Ryan, not taking his eyes off me.

‘My girlfriend Chloe.’ He replies frostily, his hand squeezing mine. I don’t smile and Niall quickly loses interest. Not single or attractive enough I guess. Weirdly enough I think I can get over this dismissal and I turn to talk to Kate, leaving Ryan to fend for himself.

‘What did you mean earlier?’ I ask her, quietly. She is also perched on a knee, having been bumped off her chair by Zayn. She glances at Joel and Emily. Emily is flirting up a storm With Harry Styles and Joel is just sat there looking left out. I smile at him and catch his eye.

‘You ok?’ I mouth. He grimaces.

‘Not really.’ He mouths back. I try to look sympathetic. He smiles sadly and leaves the table. Ryan now catches my eye and frowns at me. I shrug my shoulders at him and he also leaves. I turn back to Kate. She is also frowning, but this time at Emily and Harry.

‘She shouldn’t be doing that when she already has a serious boyfriend,’ She says. Andy looks up.

‘Kate, What’s up.’ He says. She glances at me and then her eyes wander back to where Emily is stood. Joel is back and from the look of it, wants a word. After a small protest, she leaves with him. Ryan sits back down.

‘What was all that about?’ Andy asks. Ryan looks uncomfortable.

‘Well...I guess you’ll all know soon anyway. He’s breaking up with her.’