Chapter 14:

I am still taking this in as we go for a celebratory drink. It’s just me and Lawson as well as Adam Levine and the rest of Maroon 5. Ryan sits me down at a table and orders me a drink. He sits next to me and I snuggle into his chest. It had been a big day and I was ready to collapse.

‘So...Are you working with your old bands?’ Adam L asks. I shrug. Jenna hadn’t said and I hadn’t thought to ask.

‘I dunno. I assume so.’ We talk about more general topics before a glance at my watch.

‘I’m gonna head off. I have to hand in my notice at work tomorrow!’ I say, standing. Ryan’s arm remains around my waist as he also stands.

‘I’ll walk you. Make sure you get home safe.’ He says. I smile, glad to have time alone with him. We say goodbye to the others and walk out into the cold night. I shiver in my thin jumper and Ryan opens his jacket, inviting me to hug him. We walk awkwardly, arms around each other. It is comforting to know that I am safe.

‘I’ve missed you at work.’ Ryan says. I tilt my head to look at him.

‘Really?’ I ask, yawning. He grins.

‘Yeah really. Andy was thinking of asking you to start maybe filming some of our acoustic sessions sometime? Maybe after Andy’s wedding next weekend?’ I’m touched that Andy feels I am good enough to film for them.

‘But what happened to George?’ George was their current camera man. I had met him a few times when we all went out.

‘He’s off to Africa for his honeymoon. Feel pretty sorry for his wife actually!’ Ryan laughs. I smack his shoulder playfully. George is the nicest man I have ever met. If I wasn’t with Ryan, I would feel pretty jealous of his wife!

We reach my door. I hesitate to open it. Ryan notices this. He pulls me to him and kisses me. Softly at first but them more intense. We break apart a little while later. I stand, shuffling my feet on the step.

‘I’ll see you soon?’ I ask. He smiles at me.

‘Sure.’ I unlock my door and go in.

‘Night babe.’ He says before walking away.

That night before I go to sleep, my phone beeps.

Love you babe. Sleep well ;) xx The text was from Ryan. He could be seriously sweet sometimes.