Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

FEBRUARY 10

It's freaking me out! Yung mga tingin nila, yung mga bulungan nila. Gusto ko nalang sila barilin isa isa. But I can't. Derrick said not to mind them.

Tonight, Jessica and I will be going to Vienna's to look for a gown on Friday.

Jessica said her Mom's stylist is there. And he will be helping us.

"Jessica!" He said as we arrived. First impression: gay. But he looks nice.

"So.. Vienna. We need a gown, vintage gown, hers will be aqua blue. Mine will be red." Jessica said.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. I can see it already." He said blinking his eyes, rapidly.

"And I want this gown to be unique. I want this gown to be perfect for us. Can you do that?"

"I have this special gowns." I raise an eyebrow. "We can change the color if you don't want it."

"Okay. Okay." Jessica said. I sit on the couch near the table with a computer on it.

They were talking and talking. I'm not even listening. But Jessica pulled me into one of the fitting rooms in the shop. She keeps on making me fit the gowns, one by one! She too. Did that. But I am not her supervisor. It was Vienna. I think a part of Vienna's blood is french. His accent is different. Like the other designers from Paris.

In the end, Jessica picked a light blue gown for me. It has sleeves but its sleeves are laces. Oh. Perfect. It can hide my wound on my right shoulder. I tell myself. I think it's perfect for the Masquerade with a touch of vintage theme of the prom. Jessica's gown have laces too. But it doesn't have sleeves. Its turtle neck is made up of lace. And it's almost fitted, like mine. You can see the curve of our bodies. If there is, I tell myself. There is. You've been working out right? A voice in my head said. I laugh.

FEBRUARY 12, 2014

2 days before the prom.

"Hi Karen!" Bea greeted me.

"Hi!" I greet back.

"Soo. You're going to the prom, right?"

"Right!"

"I want to talk to you about prom."

"What about it?"

"Well. Can you meet me in the field later? Umm. 5 oclock?"

"After dismissal?"

"Yup."

"Sure."

LUNCH

"No dates." Derrick said. I laugh again.

"Seriously, Derrick. You already said that to me like.. 50 times already."

"I just don't want you to be in someone else's arms."

"I don't know if you're being protective or possesive or you're just being ridiculous."

He laughed, "All of the above." I hit his arm. "Ow! Why'd you do that for?!"

I shrug.

He walked me to my room again, kisses my forehead, bid goodbye and walked away.

"KAREN!" Bea called on the other end of the room. I raise my hand and smiled at her. "Later, okay? Field, 5PM. Okay?" I nod.

After dismissal, everyone's running around. I decided to put some things on my locker and get some things to dispose of. After cleaning my locker, I went to the field.