Chapter 6

Jace's POV
It had been a week since he started attended Hamilton High. Since he started compiling information against Diaz group. Also,it has been a week since he met Katriel. It was the last day he was ever to be there. He was contemplating whether or not to enter as he leaned on his car outside the high school. He had delivered the evidence and information and evidence to Luca of Diaz faults already that morning . Why was he even there? He was about to play with his lip ring when he realized,he never wears them to the school.

Jace sighed about to enter his car,"Jace!" He grinned,that voice was unmistakable. He took his time to turn around to meet the stunning grey eyes of Katriel Renalz. "Hey." Katriel greeted enthusiastically and he gave her a small nod. "Shall we?" she asked gesturing to the school.'So that's why.'he mused.

"I guess so,"he answered running a hand through his hair as they entered the halls. Katriel seemed more excited than usual which was weird,even for her."did you find the cure for cancer?"he asked teasingly causing her to snort. "Why?"

"You look....excited..." He phrased carefully and her smile grew,"you'll see." He simply shrugged,even if he pushed he learnt she was stubborn anyways.

At lunch was when her excitement had peaked. They were walking to the cafeteria but her walks had turned into small skips. She wasn't even asking him the random questions she usually does. No,she hasn't stopped with those,but had actually gotten him to participate and ask her as well.

Her exhales were almost forced,they sounded like squeals. Jace was now concerned she would pass out before reaching the hall. "Ok,what is it." He asked halting his tracks making her stop as well.

She turned to him,the unmistakable spark in her eyes almost a flame. "I have to show you!" He smiled at her response and then immediately frowned as she abruptly turned and run down the hall. Shaking his head he jogged,to keep her in his sight,when he suddenly found himself outside. His  eyes searched the yard for Katriel and sighed as he saw her sitting on the grass,opening her bag,a goofy smile on her face.

Jace approached her with a perplexed look. "What are you doing?" He was even more confused when he saw her wearing gloves and handing him a pair,"Why?"was all he could ask but took the gloves,"sit." She urged him,at this point,he didn't bother to argue and sat wearing the gloves.

"Are you going to tell me what is going on." He asked again facing her. The girl in question took a deep breath," I've been researching ways to lessen my phobia-it had been a while since I have,but then,I found out,for a start,I could try with gloves,I tried before,it didn't work,but,I was getting better,I realized that I actually could try again yesterday. I just-I didn't want to get my moms hopes up-so-can I try with you?"

Jace looked her in her eyes and nodded slowly."I'd be honored." He said placing his hands on his laps in front of him while changing his sitting position to lotus position. Katriel took a shaky breath,a bright smile on her face. She slowly let her gloved fingers gently caress his gloved hand. She gasped as she retracted her fingers. His eyes stayed glued on her eyes,they were fascinated yet there was still hints of fear.

Katriel gulped as she let her fingers lightly touch his fingers,all fear lost,joy taking its place. A few tears threatened to spill from her eyes. Her right hand,lingered on his fingers," Can I ?"her eyes locked with his,his chest was set a flame once more. He stole a glance at her hand and nodded,"yes you can."

Taking a shaky breath she slowly intertwined their fingers,"I forgot how nice this was...."she breathed her eyes wide. She took her left hand and held it up. Getting the message,he held his left hand up next to hers,waiting for her to make a move." Thank you." She said letting a tear slip as her hand made contact with his. It was like electricity flowing in your veins. For Katriel it was almost like learning how to walk again,except she felt like she was on cloud nine.