Chapter 9

Jace's POV
Before Katriel could hit the ground,he caught her in his arms lifting her with minimum struggle. "It's for the best..." Jace reminded himself adjusting Katriel in his arms for easier movement.

The class was in a mess but it wasn't too hard to maneuver his way out of the door. The sound of shuffling and small terrified cries were heard down the hall,probably the lunch hall. Four of Luca's men were at the door while three seemed to walk up and down the halls. One of them walked up to him,"The other students are in this schools 'lunch hall' we've got the punks there being put in the vehicles. I can take her off your hands if you wish.We're falling back in 5."

"actually,this one's going in the back,poor girl didn't make it." Jace added a sarcastic tone to show indifference causing the man to nod with a sick grin on his face. Jace turned,walking out of the door giving a few nods to the guards.

"JACE!?"came the confused voice of Tyler as he walked towards Jace. 'How was he meant to explain this?' Tyler jogged up to him,"dude,tell me you have a good explanation."

Jace simply shook his head,"not really,where's the car,I need to get out of here before Luca sees me."

"Unbelievable."was all Tyler could master as he led his friend to their car. The back door was open for him and he laid her down gently.

"Where are the others?"Jace asked as he sat next to the unconscious Katriel. "Rick is probably with Luca,he has to be on his way-"the passenger seat door was suddenly open and Rick slid in. "Or right here. Let's go." Tyler finished starting the ignition.

"Diaz and he's crew has been caught and-why is there an unconscious girl in the backseat?" Rick finished staring at the odd pair with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll explain later...just drive."

Jace run a hand through his hair then looked at the girl near him. 'Was this really a good idea?' He gently brushed her hair out her face.He sighed,he had to admit,she looked adorable. At peace. But he did want to see her grey eyes again,along with that spark they always had. 'But,will she want to see me? God,what have I done!?'

"Home sweet home."Tyler yelled hoping out of the car. Rick and Jace sported twin eye rolls as they got out as well. Tyler opened the door along with Rick while he carried in Katriel. Sam, Victor and Peter halted in their tracks.

"No way,you did not get me a girl for my birthday." Peter said with a wide grin holding his heart.

"Your birthday isn't for 2 months..." Sam deadpanned rolling his eyes.
"What's your point?" Was Peter's brilliant comeback.

That simply led to him being given odd looks by his peers. "What?"Peter feigned innocence holding his hands up.

"Nobody touches her." Was all Jace gave them before heading to his room and he sounded dead serious. Sam's brown eyes went wide,in pure shock matching Peter's sea green eyes. Victor was the first to recover.

"Wow,"

Jace closed the door shut best he could with Katriel in his arms.Taking a deep breath he set her down on his bed,"ok,you can wake up now,did I hit you that hard?" He waited for a while before grabbing his lip rings and putting them on.
He heard Katriel barely give a incoherent murmur. Jace hummed sitting beside her. That's when her eyes fluttered open,"son of a caramel apple,"she muttered in a drunk like state.

Jace furrowed his eyebrows,"Nice curse Katriel."

Katriel blinked a few times before groaning and sitting up slowly," You knocked me out!?And why hit me so hard!? What is on your lip?And-and...where are we..."
The room was lit by a few bulbs in the corner of the rooms. The King sized bed they were on was against the wall,had silky smooth sheets,midnight black in color. The pillows she was lying on were snow white.

"It would be easier to take you,no questions asked.We are at my....house....,this is my bedroom.And it's called a lip ring."

Everything suddenly came back to her,hitting her hard,she froze,"why?" The air around them seemed to freeze. He knew which question she was asking and it wasn't about his choice of jewelry.Words had to be picked wisely for things to go smoothly. "Do you trust me?" Jace asked,raising an eyebrow.

"Honestly,right now,...no...not really."honesty,is the best policy to her. A sigh from Jace was his reaction as he stared down at the girl beside him.
"Good, I don't expect you to,besides,I don't need you to trust me, I just need you to listen,can you do that?" He was relieved when she nodded in reply.

          "The guys those men were looking for, the 'jerk patrol'as you put it,they are responsible for the bombing,the one that happened a few blocks from the high school the owner of the building is a powerful gang leader named Luca. Luca's men were in that building when they bombed it. Many men died,and even after that they stole from him. Luca wants justice. So he went to the school and took them. I was sent to your school to get evidence on them. And I did...I'm..I'm a leader but not as big as Luca,however we are on the same side." His eyes turned a shade darker at the mention of the bombing.

The hate he had for Diaz and his group was greater than anyone could imagine.

A heavy silence hung in the air. Then,"Are they gonna be killed?"

Jace wasn't even sure,but he sure as hell hoped so,"I'm not sure,but why do you care they were jerks to you anyways and what they did was outrageous,"
             Katriel furrowed her eyebrows. If there was anytime Katriel wanted to be able to touch a human,was now. For what she wasn't sure. Maybe she wanted to hold his hand again or she wanted to slap him upside the head.

"That doesn't matter! Every life is precious,theirs doesn't deserve to be taken away from them. Punish them as much as you want but don't kill them." Jace did a double take,that was exactly that card the girl left."You didn't, by any chance go to the rubles a few blocks from the school the day we met and leave a card and a rose with those lines?"

     Katriel shook her head," No,but,my mother told me she did.She was the one that taught me that..." Jace sighed giving a brief nod. Not the reaction he was expecting. Not in the slightest. He watched as she hugged her knees close to her chest.

"Are the students going to be okay?"

"Yes,that I'm sure of."

"Was our friendship a lie?"

The way she said it,her voice full of hurt,so unlike herself made him recoil as if slapped.

"No. It wasn't,everything I ever said,I meant it, I really thought of you as a friend-I enjoy being your friend..."

She looked up at him,a weak smile was on her face.
"Same here..."

Then there was silence. Katriel moved as close to Jace as she could allow,giving him a nod which he returned with a smile leaning on the head board right beside her. No words were exchanged,neither did they have to. At that moment,they were just two friends enjoying each other's company in the silence.

"Sorry,but this question will not leave my mind,why the lip ring?"

"because I like it..."he smirked.

She chuckled,"I kinda like it too."

Katriel gently layer her head on the headboard beside him sighing.
"I take it back, I just might trust you..."she whispered softly before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep,exhausted from the events of the day.

Jace couldn't help but smile as he brushed a stray strand of hair from her face sighing as laid his head back on the headboard next to hers.He thought their friendship might as well have been blown to hell the minute Luca showed up. He let out a relieved chuckle,she was a breath of fresh air, he had his friends that were downstairs but having one that can barely curse right? The opposite of him,and it didn't hurt that she reminded him of Francisco.He liked it.

Cause at that moment everything felt right. However,it wasn't going to last forever and he had to figure out what to do next. Somehow,he shook that off and glanced at Katriel once more before closing his eyes as well,just,enjoying the moment.

Thanx for reading it's over,go to bed,you know your meant to be doing something important,but if you wanna procrastinate a little more just,ju know,go to the next chapter😉
Cause you know your gonna do whatever it is last minute anyway.Hope u enjoy.

BYE!🕵🏼