Vague word -FUTURE-

Why... Why did she lose her words there?

"Not really, I think those who can do soccer or basketball are cool but.. unfortunately, I was never good at sports." I really didn't need to say that, but after being praised I was embarrassed and unintentionally talked of my complex.

The popular ones in junior high were from the sports clubs. It didn't matter how good I was, someone quietly playing the tuba didn't attract attentions even in a school with few students.

"You worry about strange things. You know, my legs are slow. I'm not that good at studies. And music, to be honest, I know I don't have much talent. You have more talent than me William" Rosalinda said that looking unusually depressed.

I always saw her smiling without worries, but she actually had her own troubles.

"I always think it'd be nice if I could find a talent to follow through as I grow but.. I can't find it" She added.

The future... In front our 16 years old selves, the image of the future spreads out. What will I do once I graduate high school? Should I continue on with university? And then, once I graduate from there I'd become an office worker.

I didn't have a single dream, but Rosalinda's words made me seriously think about my future. I simply went through all the midterms, but I never thought about the future exams. I felt I could always play like this together with Rosalinda, but the truth was that we'd all go our own ways in three years’ time. Realizing that, I felt pain in my chest.

"I don't have any kind of talent. I never thought about my future until you mentioned it. There are countless paths to the future, but they are too many and I don't know which I should choose..." I expressed my sentiment towards the vague word 'future'.