Lock in my Memories

"William..." I doubted my ears.

Crouched down in front of the dark station, I felt Rosalinda's voice coming from above my head. Looking up, I saw her standing in front of me with a sad expression.

"Stupid, you're going to die like that.." Wearing a dark blue double coat, on her head accumulated a bit of white snow.

"Really? You don't die for this little thing. I was thinking of going straight to school from here tomorrow."  I slowly stood up and removed the snow from her head.

"You'll get covered if you don't use an umbrella." Because of the snow, her hair was getting wet.

"Look who's talking, your shoes are soaked..." I realized she was right. My clothes got wet because of my wandering around the station. I was so cold my senses were paralyzed. Rosalinda's warm hands touched my frozen ones.

"I always go around with a pocket heater. William, will you be fine living alone? You seem the type that would die of coldness if left alone.."

"Probably.. I'm not used to living alone, so I might end up dying of coldness next winter." I joked about it while clasping back her warm hands with strength.

"Don't leave..." Rosalinda muttered those words.

"I wanted to tell you this. For a long time, but I felt we are destined to be separated." Her voice showed melancholy.

It was my turn next. Come on.. What was I supposed to say?

"....." Ignoring what I planned to say, I hugged her.

It was my first time hugging a girl and even if she was wearing a thick coat.. for some reason, I felt like crying just for that.

"Sorry, there's something I wanted to tell you for a long time. It's thanks to you I decided to aim the music college. I always wanted to say "Thank you for making me find my dream". I know it's the worst telling you this now but I was afraid of destroying our relationship so I didn't confess it." I didn't think words would come out that smoothly.

Maybe if I managed to tell her that sooner.. we could have been able to live on hugged like that forever.

"Me too.. I always liked you too. I can't put it in words, but I always felt at ease with you. You were always so sweet and... warm" Hearing her words, I parted a bit from her body and stared in her eyes,

Clear light brown eyes..

Even in the darkness, her eyes shined thanks to the dim brightness of the snow.

"...."

We stayed silent for a while. In a night so quiet we could even hear the sound of the snow falling down.

I don't know who started, but our face got closer... and our warm lips met. I thought if there is a moment in my life that I can cut and hold forever, I wanted that instant to be the one because the sensation of that kiss would be washed away by time, as time streams incessantly.

Still I didn't want anyone to dirty that kiss; I wanted to keep it pure and clean for my whole life. Once I grew older, my soul would become impure. Knowing things I didn't want to know, learning how to escape, and looking for tricks to live better. I didn't have the confidence to be able of loving a person so purely like I did with her.

Thinking about that, I decided to lock in my memories the image of Rosalinda, whom I kissed and hugged, as the most important person in my life in eternity.