A Chance?

As Christmas approached, I started to feel really sad about it. Since we are going to be apart anyway, might as well confess to her. I didn't have a drop of courage in me, but I didn't want to have regrets over Rosalinda.

Christmas... It was a chance.

I decided to confess after the Christmas party. Under the influence of that determination, I spontaneously worked very hard during practice. I practiced the keyboard at the same time. Compared to the piano, the touch was different so the fingers didn't move smoothly. But my instinct immediately recovered. The tuba practice grew more and more strict. My parents were reluctant as it was expensive, but I persuaded them saying I would start a part-time job.

I couldn't back down. I knew my technique was improving thanks to the instructions of the teacher. I will definitely become good. And I will walk down this path forever. That strong feeling grew inside of me.

"William.. you found your dream." Staring at me while I was practicing, Rosalinda said that.

It was her who allowed me to find my dream.

When I never seriously thought of my future, it was her who pushed me to pursue music. I wanted to show her my gratitude. But words didn't come out of my mouth. I touched the pocket heater in my pockets. I started using it after that day during our first year of school, when Rosalinda warmed my hands. Of course I used it to warm my hands but.. somehow, I felt we would be connected in that way. I could clearly see my future by touching it.

"I use quite a lot that pocket heater you told me about." Unable to answer her words, I said something completely unrelated.

"You always dodge like that....." Her smile disappeared from her face.

"Eh?"

"William.. You never seriously face me." After saying that, she impassively resumed practice.

My feelings... Was I supposed to confess in that moment?

The thought crossed my mind, but it was too late.

From that day, Rosalinda started to keep distance from me. On Christmas we only consulted for the music and didn't talk at all.

Did my behavior hurt her?

It was true that I always dodged her because I was embarrassed of replying her honest words.

Was that bad?