Chap. 2 - Rosalinda at my house?!

I didn't know if Rosalinda felt the same, but we said nothing more and went back to practice.

"You know, your family seems fun from what you tell me about them." Winter of our second year; one day Rosalinda suddenly said that.

Rosalinda didn't have siblings; it was just her parents and her at home. However, both her parents worked so she was always alone.

"Fun...? We are simply too many, I think we are just lively."

"That's what's good about it. Say, can I come visit?" She asked me.

"Eh?" I was shocked from what I was hearing.

Rosalinda coming to my house? I didn't mind, but I knew my family would make too many questions. So I looked at her and said.

"It'll be my parents, my brother and my grandparents. They'll definitely make a lot of questions. If you're still ok, you can come." I warned her that they would surely misunderstand the fact that I brought home a girl who wasn't my girlfriend.

"It's ok, I don't mind. You can introduce me as your girlfriend." Rosalinda looked almost frantic in those moments. It bothered me, but I couldn't do anything if they questioned us.

And so we skipped practice and I brought Rosalinda home. We took the train for two stations and then 30 minutes by bus. It was considerably far from the school. I warned her that she might miss the last bus and my father would have to bring her back home by car. Still she didn't mind it do we walked inside. Of course, my whole family stared at us with wide eyes.

"Hey, you have to warn me beforehand! We only have meat and potato stew today!" My mother snapped at me.

"Ohh.. William finally brings home such a cute girl.." Just as i expected, grandpa misunderstood the situation.

"I'm sorry for coming over without notice. Please don't worry about the dinner." Suddenly embarrassed, Rosalinda tilted her head down to my family. Of course it was a strong impact for her, raised in a small family. Even my brother arrived to check, as if she were something rare.

"Josh! Go Back!" For some reason, my younger brother was given the common name of 'Josh'.

Why am I the only one with a particular name...?

"Rosalinda, are you sure about this? Are you really fine being with them?" Worried, I turned to her. Her face showed complicated feelings beyond description.

"It's nice to have a big family.." Saying just that, she walked toward the room as my parents were inviting her in.

In the end, dinner was meat and potato stew and a simple dessert dish.

"I'm so sorry for having just these things..." My mother incessantly bothered about the dishes.

What was with her? Would she have prepared steak for everyone had she known in advance? Pondering about it, I ate my dinner as usual.

"It's very good. How should I put it, eating with a lot of people feels warm." Saying that, she politely brought stew to her mouth and tears fell from her eyes.

Tears?

My family and I worried. Why crying while eating stew?

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Sorry, it's nothing.." She apologized. She immediately wiped off her tears and smiled back. We were really bothered by it, but both my family and I gave up.

Clearly something was wrong with her. Suddenly asking to visit my place even if she previously never mentioned anything. And had been very pushy about it. She looked like she didn't want to go back home to be alone...