02

Heaving a long sigh, he sat down on the bench by the school building. Why does it have to be her? Thoughts were running around in his mind and he had no idea what could he do to stop it.

"Yo, Jungkook," a figure appeared by his side and pushed his shoulder gently. He glanced up to see who it was, just like he predicted, it was her.

"Hi," he said slow, looking back down on the ground. "Why do you look so down? What's up?" she asked, as she took a seat next to Jungkook.

Jungkook let out a sigh before moving his gaze to look at her. "My history teacher gave us a group assignment and I'm in the same group as Namjoon," he paused but she was already gasping out of shock, excited.

"That's alright! It's Namjoon, come on, you know how he is when it comes to his favourite subject. Why are you so down about that?" she said in an enthusiastic tone. "I haven't finished my word yet. Guess who's the third member of our group?" he added.

The situation fell to a sudden silence. She was thinking hard with her furrowed eyebrows, whoever it might be the person must have hurt Jungkook before, or something related to it. Who's in his class?

"No way," she muttered to herself, which caught Jungkook's attention. "It's. . .her, isn't it? Kim Yerim?" she asked, her eyes widened twice in size. "Shush! Don't say it too loud!" Jungkook said, worried.

She cleared her throat, "Is it Yerim?" she whispered. "Yes, Eunbi. It's Yerim," he sighed.

Just like how he expected Eunbi would react, she gasped out of shock with her already big pair of eyes widened. "Does Namjoon know about this?" she asked.

"Of course, he does! He's in the same group!" he raised his tone out of frustration. "How are you going to handle this? Are you going to be fine? Will you be comfortable? Have you told this to your other friends?" Eunbi shot multiple of questions which made Jungkook left speechless, he didn't know either. He didn't know if he was okay, he didn't know if he would be okay.

"I don't know, Eunbi. The guilt is still here around me somewhere around my body, I can't look at her," his eyebrows frowned.

"But to think about it, she was the one who hurt you. What you did was necessary, you have to move on after all?" she chipped in. "She didn't! It wasn't her fault, it was mine," he sighed.

"Besides, have I really moved on from her? I don't even know, Eunbi," he continued.

There she was, Jung Eunbi, sitting by Jungkook's side. The entire school is aware of their friendship, it is obvious, some might think they have something, as if they are dating. They don't, and never thought of it.

Eunbi has no other girl friends, her friends are Jungkook's friends. Whoever Jungkook is talking to, will end up talking to her too.

As for Yerim, she is the only person who didn't end up being Eunbi's friend, since she was Jungkook's.

She was,
which had left Jungkook living in guilt and regret.

—————

what do you think of this story so far?
leave a vote, comment and share! ♡