9. I saved a piece for you

One year. A lot can happen in one year. Couples can get married, children can be born, hearts can be broken. And in Wanda's case, it was te third thing. A broken heart. And even if her heart wasn't as broken as it was a year ago, exactly a year ago, because someone helped her and fixed it for her because she wasn't able to, it still hurt. But she wouldn't cry. Not time. Not in the future. Not on this day.
A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. The corners of Wanda's lips lifted a little bit. Of course he would knock this time.
"Come in"
Wanda was lying on her bed, on her back and with her hands on her stomach, and she could only see her visitor out of the corner of her eyes. Her was carrying a plate and a steaming cup in his other hand.
He saw her emotionless face and walked over to her. He put the plate and  cup, peppermint tee - her favorite, on her vanity and lay down next to her. One of his gentle hands found hers and his head found his place on her shoulder. He pressed a small kiss to her cheek and stroked her arm with his othe hand.
"Are you ..... alright? Do you need something?", he asked. His beautiful voice sounded uncertain. Like he didn't want to hurt her with his words.
"Just time"
"Should I go?"
Her grip on his thightened. "No. Please stay"
They didn't move for some time after that. They stayed how they were. In each others arms.
"Wanda?"
"Hmm?"
"The others have cake..."
"Why do they have cake for? Something to celebrate?"
"No, they're thinking of him. It's his favorite cake. Chocolate."
"That's nice of them"
"I saved a piece for you"
"Thanks Vizh", and she meant it.
It was the first anniversary of Pietro's death.