Bittersweet

Harry Styles One-Shot

Imagine-

You walk down the street, head phones on, hands shoved deep in your pockets, eyes locked on the ground, not really caring where you’re going. Your iPod is on shuffle and you have so many songs you can’t even remember what they all are. Then a song comes on, one that brings back so many memories.

I’m broken, do you hear me?

I’m blinded, ‘cause you are everything I see.

I’m dancing alone. I’m praying, that you’re heart will just turn around.

A single tear slips down your face and you quickly change the song.

You just had a terrible break up with your boyfriend of three years. Three whole years. You found out that half of those were a lie. He had been cheating on you, for over a year, with out “best friend”.

You walked into the nearest shop just to warm up. It had to be lower than freezing out there. You didn’t care. Every gust of wind was a slap, but one that then numbed your body. You aren’t old enough to drink so this was the closest thing to complete numbness you could legally find.

You took a deep breath and looked down to shove your headphones in your pockets. You were still thinking about that song and all of the memories that went with it. You love One Direction, Jared knew that. So, for your 3 year anniversary, which was only a few days ago, he got you guys tickets. You were so excited!

During More Than This, Jared had kissed you. I real, loving, kiss. A knew wave of sadness washed over you and you sat down at a table, wiping the tears from your eyes before they could leave streaks on your cheeks.

You sat there for a moment, not paying attention to anyone else in the small coffee shop. You heard someone get up, but didn’t pay any attention. You say on the menu infront of you that it was open mic night. I studied your fingers as the person began to sing.

I’m broken, do you hear me?

I’m blinded, ‘cause you are everything I see.

I’m dancing alone.

I’m praying, that your heart will just turn around.

You squeeze your eyes shut not wanting any tears to escape.

And as I walk up to your door,

My head turns to face the floor.

‘Cause I can’t look you in the eyes and say…

I new voice came through the microphone. What? You only heard one person get up.

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight,

I just won’t feel right.

‘Cause I can love you more than this.

When he lays you down, I might just die inside.

It just don’t feel right.

‘Cause I can love you more than this.

Can love you more than this…

That voice, it sounded so familiar. You couldn’t quite put your finger on it because you weren’t really listening. You were more focused on getting yourself to stop crying. One more voice filled the small café.

If I’m louder, would you see me?

Would you lay down in my arms and rescue me.

‘Cause we are the same. You saved me.