Chapter 6

Carla and Megan were just sitting down to their Tuesday night date. Ever since the three ladies started living together, they'd made Tuesday evening the night for them to hang out, eat pizza, and watch movies. This night was different though, because their gang of three was down to two. How long would it be before they were without Lizzy forever? They'd just have to get a new roommate. Both girls wondered what that new dynamic would be like. Watching The Holiday with Jude Law, Meg and Carla talked about what might change after Liz got back from Philadelphia. She hadn't talked about moving to Los Angeles with Bruno, after all, the newly weds were keeping their marriage a secret. Keeping it a secret was probably a good idea, not just because the wedding happened so fast, but because of Bruno's fan base. He needed to maintain the "single, bad boy image", to keep the young girls swooning and coming to his concerts. The girls also knew Lizzy had plans for her future as a business owner. She would use her background in commercials, modeling, and acting, to grow her business. Plus, her parents would be pissed if they thought she just moved in with Bruno, or daaang, married him so soon. "Liz is a big girl, she's gotta learn how to deal with them sometime." "Oh, dayuum, I don't even want to go there."

Carla turned when she heard her phone buzzing. They didn't usually answer their phones during "date" night, but Carla had been declining calls from Liz's mom all day, hoping to avoid any uncomfortable conversation about Liz. "Ugh, Megan, it's Aunt Laura again. I don't wanna talk to her if she's found out about Liz." "You may as well talk to her, just in case, and get it over with. Maybe she's looking for someone's casserole dish from the reunion," Megan said encouragingly. "Nah, that's not like her. I'm just going to have to face it."

Looking at Megan, Carla answered the phone, "Hi Aunt Laura, how's it goin'?" Megan paused the movie and looked back at her friend. "Carla, is Liz there? I've been calling her all day and she's not answered, and by they way, neither have you. What's going on Carla?"

"Sorry, I had to catch up on work since I took off yesterday" Megan started jumping up and down and shaking her head, NO, at Carla to get her to stop what she was saying. "I had a dentist appointment, so decided to make a long weekend of it." Carla glared at Megan for interrupting her when she had the situation under control. Megan glared back at Carla, shrugging her shoulders. "And Lizzy went with Bruno's band up to Philadelphia to hang out with them and go to their concerts up there." "Okay, well, maybe she's busy, but I need to talk to her. If you hear from my daughter, will you tell her to call me please? It's important I to clear up something." "Sure Aunt Laura, bye, bye."

After Carla hung up, she practically screamed, "OMG, she knows! We are so freakin' in trouble! Curious and half panicked herself, Megan asked, "What'd she say?" "It's important I clear up something," Carla said imitating her aunt's tone of voice. "Crap! Crap!" "And," Carla squeaked, "I am going to hell because I just lied to my own auntie!" "You only told half a lie. You just didn't tell Laura that Liz was with her husband! Aaaaa! So, you're not going to hell, and maybe not heaven, but you do get to stay with me here on earth!" Thinking what to do next, Carla didn't hear Meg's light hearted teasing. She just began to ramble, "Okay, okay, we need to call Lizzy and tell her to get her mom called now! I don't want to do this Aunt Laura lying thing again!"

<3<3<3<3<3

The morning after the wedding, Bruno and Liz flew to Philadelphia to meet the guys and set up for their next two concerts. Since the first concert was that night there was urgency to their travels. After checking into the band's hotel, the couple headed to the venue.

Liz was so excited to see how Bruno's business worked, the concert set-up, what happened after sound check, the lighting, everything. She wanted to know all the little details of Bruno's life so she could understand him better, so she could remember him better. Elizabeth knew how romantic he could be, but she felt you must know about how a man works and how he plays. How would Bruno deal with the stresses and the highs? And how does he, Phil, and Ari, the fabulous Smeezingtons, come up with such fantastic songs? So many questions, so little time.