Chapter Thirteen; In Shizuo's Defense

The next day, Shizuo found himself lying flat on his back underneath a huge cargo truck. He laid there confused on why he even got hit. The flea usually get him smacked by one of these for his plan B. But, this wasn't the case this time. 1.) Shizuo wasn't chasing Izaya 2.)Izaya wasn't even here to lead him into a truck's path. Hell, Izaya wasn't even here to laugh at him. The driver ran off to get the paramedics before, Shizuo could stop him and convince him that he's alright. Though, his reaction had been slower than normal. Plus, his mind has been nothing but foggy since this morning.

Shizuo slowly slid out underneath the cargo truck sitting up on the concrete groaning. He heard footprints sprint heading towards him. 'Oi, it must be the paramedics.' Shizuo thought. Oh but he was wrong, his eyes opened to see a freaked out Izaya Orihara running full speed ahead at him. The brunette's face expression was clearly shocked to what he had just witnessed. 'That dumb ass, Shizu-Chan!' Izaya cursed in his mind. The blonde just then felt his cheeks cupped by slim, long, skinny fingers that belonged to the brunette wearing the black fur coat. Shizuo's eyes widened as Izaya hopped on his lap, straddling him between his legs. "Shizu-Chan, what the hell was that?! I was walking and in the corner of my eye I saw this! But, what worried me the most was your ass being so damn slow!" Izaya hissed bitterly. Shizuo saw fear, and anger squirm in Izaya's irises. "I took so damn slow because for 1.) I was shocked and for 2.) I was trying to figure out if it was something planned or just an accident!" Shizuo huffed defending his pride like some child would do. The wind blew in Izaya's silky, dark hair causing it to sway from side to side. Izaya's eyes grew darker and more rageful. "Why, would you think it might of not been an accident?!" Izaya growled before getting off. The brunette clenched his fists as his fingernails clawed his palms furiously.

"BECAUSE IT'S NEVER BEEN AN ACCIDENT BEFORE! IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A TRAP SET BY YOUR PSYCHOTIC ASS!" Shizuo yelled angrily. The citizens who walked the famous Ikebukuro street the blonde's aggravated loud words boom from the side street where he had gotten runned over at. The paramedics, and the driver heard this too. One of the workers asked the driver if he ran over a blonde dude that dressed like a bar tender by any chance. The driver nodded guiltily causing the workers to roll their eyes. And spew out complaints on the lines of I hate my job. Before walking the opposite direction leaving the driver alone by himself confused on what just happened.

Back to the alley way, Shizuo felt a hard slap to the right side of his face onto his cheek. The blonde stared up to the fuming brunette towering over him. "I came here worried! Because you didn't get out underneath the truck so quickly like you usually do! I thought u might of actually been-" Izaya's anger was cut of by Shizuo's bark, " WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU CARE ORIHARA!" That's when the blonde saw the hitched breath of the brunette as he looked down. His legs started to tremble then he fell on to Shizuo's lap. "I don't know why I do." Shizuo heard the smaller man mutter. Izaya's hand slower started to linger up Shizuo's neck to the cheek he just slapped. Shizuo's eyes grew larger. "I'm so sorry, Shizu-Chan." Izaya whispered sadly. Just then Shizuo felt his cheek that had been slapped burning up but not because of the slap itself. But, from the warm sensation from lips brushing up against his skin forming a kiss on the cheek. Izaya felt an arm wrap around him tightly pulling him in tighter than what he was before. Shizuo felt the fur off of Izaya's coat prickle his face but, he didn't mind. "It's fine Izaya. Sorry for worrying you." The trims from the black fur coat brushed against Shizuo's legs as Izaya smaller man slowly sat up on the taller man's lap.Straddling even more causing Shizuo's awkward weird feeling to become ten times worse than what is was.

Hands were placed on Shizuo's shoulders gently. Izaya leaned forward to whisper a goodbye just to tease the blonde. But before, he could get back up. Shizuo gripped his waist even more tightly locking Izaya in the position he wished he never put himself in. His face was near Shizuo's cheek. Izaya gulped turning to Shizuo. The blonde asked without thinking reasonably, "Would you want to consider being my plus one to the party at Simons? Vorona was going to but she's not here, and I think you might be more of an interesting candidate with all the trouble you can cause in a few days." Izaya smirked but deep down he was secretly happy, "Sure Shizu-Chan." Then, the brunette hopped off returning to his schedule of the day.

Izaya was bothered at something eating up deep inside of him though that made him sickly bothered when we was near Shizu-Chan. 'I wonder if the monster can feel butterflies like humans do?" Izaya wondered walking off.