Chapter Fourteen; Confession

Long, and confusing days had passed since the weird encounter with Izaya Orihara. Shizuo had stayed cooped up in his apartment being a drunk, isolated, stressed out hermit. His blonde silky hair had been curled into messy bed head curled. His white dress shirt had been buttoned up wrongly showing a little bit of his stomach. His black vest had hung from his torso loosely unbuttoned. Oh and not to mention, Shizuo forgot that pants were a thing and he reeked of alcohol. He definitely had fit the definition of being a hot mess. His thoughts were buried in confusing memories that tortured his mind but, lingered in his heart. 'How did I get this way?' Shizuo poundered bitterly. Izaya had never put him through such an obstacle like this in his entire life.

Shizuo laid on the couch and sulked like a teenager. His face was covered by his light butterscotch tanned skin. Wishing that the world would vanish before his very own eyes. He heard his phone buzz vibrating on the coffee table. His hand slowly leaned forward to grab the phone. "Ught, work." The blonde groaned before accepting it. "Hello." Shizuo sighed but, glad his boss didn't see him in this condition in person. "Shizuo! We need you here in an instant! We have trouble!" 'Do it yourself.' Shizuo barked in his head. "I'll be right there." Shizuo answered exhausted then, he hanged up quickly after, he got the address to go to.

After, fixing his appearance, he went to the place he was instructed to. The location was familiar and the one of the doors of the apartment suspiciously had a plan by it like... "SHIZU-CHAN!" He heard his name being called up on the building happily. "Izaya?! What the hell is this all about?!" Shizuo yelled. "Oh you mean, my motive behind all of this?! Well, you see I haven't seen you around for a while. Fortunity, I knew you were working for these morons as a bodyguard. And I figured you would come if-" Shizuo had cut Izaya's ramblings off, "You missed me?!" The psycho in the black fluffy coat nodded before, coming down. 'He seems... off.. He's always been insane but..' Shizuo thought to himself.

The two males stood facing each other on the quietsome street next to Izaya's apartment. Shizuo realised how much he missed Izaya's chocolatey, brown eyes. The blonde took a step closer closing the distance between him and the brunette. Izaya took a mental note but, his feet stayed still. He accepted that his personal space was shrinking because of Shizuo. Off course, The Great Izaya Orihara was not going to cower down to Shizuo. If it was even that.

Izaya's eyes watched Shizuo's face curiously trying to figure out what's going on in his mind. Shizuo stared down at Izaya's toxic face. Then stared at the furs off his jacket sticking up as, his coat tail swayed from the newly coolness of the season. Shizuo averted his eyes from Izaya to his shiny black dress shoes. "Izaya, I don't want to fight you." A mutter escaped shakily from Shizuo's lips. "What?" Izaya's confusion lingered in the air til' Shizuo spoke again, "I said. I don't want to fight nor, kill you anymore." Shizuo raised his voice. "Is that why you haven't been out in a while?" Izaya asked. "No. It's just I don't hate you. I began to take a liking to you. So, the fighting is-" "Nonsense right? You're bored, and tired of the past. And you seek something new?" Izaya answered quickly cutting him off. The blonde silently nodded as, he heard a brief noise jingle in the brunette's coat pocket. But, he was too shy to glance up. So, he continued to look down.

Just then, Shizuo flinched feeling a sharp burning sense of pain stinging his cheeks. The blonde's jaw clenched tightly trying to calm down. His eyes saw drops of dark, burgundy red drip to the ground. He tilted his head up accidentally tasting metallic, salty liquid from the side of his face. His fingers wandered up touching his wounded cut by Izaya that would leave an scared mark. His hand felt the blood prickle on the pads of his finger tips leaving red smudges to his skin. His eyes wandered back to Izaya bitterly. As, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Izaya." Shizuo growled. Izaya smirked twirling his switch blade in the air. "I'll make you hate me again then. I still want you dead. I just had let my guard down in front of you. I am a god, I don't need to be buddies with a monster like yourself." Izaya's cocky harsh words had cut Shizuo worse, than his knife did. Shizuo stared at Izaya glaring at him with an evil grin plastered all over his face.

"Izaya. Izzaya.. Izzaayyyaa... IZAAAYYYYYAAAA!!!" The blonde yelled furiously looking for something to throw. Izaya's eyes flashed with excitement before, taking off.

Shizuo ran chasing the asshole in front of him. Like cat and a mouse they hunted each other down like old times. But, this was different. Shizuo wasn't angry or, furious. Deep down he was just miserable. He couldn't let Izaya get the best of him and kill him first. The blonde kept following Izaya til' he lost the brunette's tracks. He didn't care at this point. Shizuo was glad that he was alone. Because he was about to do something, that he wouldn't want other people to see. Shizuo sat down up against a wall. Held his head in his hands as, tears escaped from his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. His cries got louder. His breathes got shakier and heavier. His chest ached. But most importantly, Shizuo's heart broke that day.