Chapter 37

Tobias POV

I get into homeroom and sit next to a pouting Zeke and a curious Uriah.

"Have you seen Marlene?" Uriah asks.

"No. I haven't seen Tris though, have you?" Zeke snorts and we glare at him. And eventually Uriah just shakes his head. I sigh. Zeke turns the other way crossing his arms. I've never seen him act like this over a girl. I didn't think Zeke was one to actually love a girl like he seems to love Shaunna.

Suddenly I see Christina walk in next to Will and I race to them.

"Christina-have-you-seen-Tris?!" I say really fast. She looks at me confused.

"Oh Tris, no I haven't seen her, she actually beat me out the door this morning. I heard Marlene too, so I know they went together. But I'm surprised they aren't here." I frown and head back to my seat. Uriah looks at me with hope in his eyes. I shake my head and he sighs. "They left together though. So they're together wherever they are." I say. Uriah seems to relax a little but not much at all.

*time lapse*

It's lunch now and Uriah and I still haven't seen Marlene or Tris. I'm fully panicked now. My heart is racing and my hands are sweaty. We're sitting outside the school on the grass when suddenly I get a FaceTime call. I answer and Uriah looks over my shoulder. Then familiar faces appear on the screen. Peter and Drew. They have the most cheesiest and evil grins on their faces it's crazy creepy.

"Can I help you?" I hiss.

"No, I'm good, but looks like they need help." Peter turns the camera to Tris and Marlene, they're tied to some beds by a rope. My heart stops beating and Tris's and Marlene's eyes widen.

"T-FOUR!" She screams, only to get punched in the face by Drew. She screams in pain. I scream,

"STOP! Don't you dare touch her!" I say gritting my teeth. Peter laughs.

"UR-" Marlene gets cut off when Drew punches her in the gut. She falls to the ground and breaks down crying clutching her stomach. Drew then puts his hand over her mouth. I look at Uriah, he's completely speechless, I see anger fill his face and his eyes are glossy with tears.

"Better hurry lover boys, or you can say goodbye to them." Peter says pointing at Tris and Marlene. Tears are streaming down their faces and I feel sick to my stomach.

"Marlene don't worry were coming!" Uriah says, then the line goes dead. Uriah has officially lost all the happiness in him.

"What now.." He says.

"I know where they are." I in my instructor Four voice. I tend to sound like that when I'm angry, and right now I'm angrier then ever!

"Where?!" He says grabbing my shoulders, and shaking me.

"Chill. There in abnegation! I reconize the plain walls." I say.

"Well... Let's go then!" Uriah says tugging my arm.

"We can't go now, we'll get into trouble if the abnegation catch us just walking around their neighborhoods like it's no big deal. We have to go at night. Plus they could be in any of the houses." I start towards the train tracks motioning for him to follow me.

"Meet me at the chasm tonight, with a duffle bag full of whatever you can carry, we might be gone for a while." He nods and I still see that worried look he's been wearing all day. We jump on the train and head to dauntless.