Chapter 38

Uriah POV

I feel like I've been hit by a train seven times. I have an ache in my heart and I feel so empty knowing that Marlene is suffering. The train ride back to dauntless is quiet, the kind of quiet that you hate because it makes your thoughts scream even louder then you think is possible. When it's about time to jump Four looks at me and says,

"Ok remember, run to your apartment pack what you can, as fast as you can, and meet me at the chasm." He says.

"Aye aye captin" I say with a solute. He glares at me. I grin but it quickly fades, and is replaced by a blank expression, not sad, not happy, just blank.

We jump of the train and I land on my feet with a thud sound. I run to my apartment and open the door so fast causing it to collide with the wall. I stumble to my closet and get my black duffel bag. I stuff whatever clothes I can fit, zip it off and race to the chasm.

I see Four waiting impatiently at the chasm.

"There you are! Ok so here's the plan, the sun is starting to set now.
We have to go to abnegation and walk through the neighborhoods until we find anything suspicious." He says in a low but nervous voice.

"No duh" I say pretending to flip the girl hair that I don't have. He glares at me.

"Ok... Anyways... I know what to look for! Whenever Peter needs a hideout, he always tends to take the address numbers off the mailboxes or door to the hideout." He says as we jog towards the train tracks.

"What if he was smart and took the numbers off of several places?" I say in a worried tone.

"Well, we'll just have to find out." He says smirking. All I can think now is stay strong Marlene