10

I woke up the next morning and checked on Joey. He was fine. I was glad, since Daniel had to cause trouble last night. I made breakfast and woke up Joey. He was a little dizzy, but he could walk.

"Are you feeling ok", I asked him.
"Yeah", Joey said. I hugged him and gave him his plate of breakfast.
"I made your favorite, pancakes and bacon", I told him. He thanked me and ate. After he finished eating, he went to bed on the couch.

"Joey, are you really ok", I asked. He nodded.
"I don't think so", I said.
"Come on, Ashli. I said I was fine", he said.
"No. We're going to a doctor." He sighed and followed me out to our car. I drove him to the hospital and let the doctors check him out.

"Mr. Tempest, you seem to have vertigo. You just need to get some rest", the doctor said. I nodded as well as Joey and I led Joey outside. I watched him as he fell asleep in the back seat. I reached back and held his hand while I drove.

He was beautiful when he slept; his hair got bigger than before and his hair covered his angel-like face. When we got home, I woke him up. I led him into my house and into my bedroom.

"Here, Joey. You can sleep here", I said, pointing at my bed. He turned around and hugged me. I hugged back, as a friendly gesture.
"Hey, Joey, guess what's weird", I said.
"What?"
"You took care of me when I was hurt and now I'm taking care of you", I said with a giggle. He smiled and crawled into the bed. He quickly fell asleep since his head hurt badly. I was basically on my phone the entire rest of the day.
***
Later That Day...

I heard a shuffling noise and went to investigate. I seen that Joey had gotten up from his 9-hour nap.

"Hey sleepy head", I said.
"Jeez, Ash. Don't scare me like that", he said, laughing.
"Sorry", I said sarcastically, even though I really was sorry. I walked back into the living room and waited on Joey. Joey finally walked out and hugged me.

"Thank you for helping me", Joey said. I hugged him back and said,
"You're welcome." I stood up and handed him a plate of food.

"Here's lunch. You missed out", I giggled. He laughed along with me because he hadn't been happy in so long. It was good to see him smile. And, for the first time in forever, I smiled back.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡