6

5 hours later...

A nurse walked out and told me that the surgery had went well and that they expected Ashli to live. The nurse also told me that Ashli would still be asleep from all of the anesthesia that they had gave her. I thanked them and watched them take Ashli out of the surgery room and put her in a hospital room.

When the nurse told me Ashli's room number, I ran to her room. When I walked in, I wanted to cry. Her ankle was covered with stitches, her arm had stitches in it from where the glass had cut her, and she had an oxygen tube up her nose.

"Ashli", was all I could say. I sat down in a chair next to her bed, and she woke up.
"Hey Ashli", I said.
"Hey", Ashli said, her voice cracking. We sat in silence for a few moments, before she spoke.

"Joey, will you do like your Superstitious lyrics say", she asked.
"What do you mean", I asked.
"Well, your Superstitious lyrics say, 'Keep on calling my name and I'll be there'. Will you really come here if I call your name", she asked.

"Of course I will", I said. She looked around the room and then she looked at me.
"I'm going to sleep", she said.
"Ok", I said. As she fell asleep, I started humming the tune of Superstitious.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I had been so worried about Ashli that I hadn't thought about who had hit us and caused the car crash. So, I reported the accident to the police. Where our crash had happened, luckily, there was a security camera. The police was able to find out the car number: A1B2C3.

"And that number belongs to Brandi Hartman", the police officer said.
"Thank you", I said and went to Brandi's apartment. I knocked and she opened the door.

"Oh, your back. Ha, I knew you'd leave that woman", she said as she tried to kiss me. I stepped back.

"What is it Joey? Do I not have on enough lip gloss?"
"I don't want your kisses. Why did you try to kill me and Ashli", I asked. She smirked.

"Because, she probably just wanted you for your money and your good looks", she said.
"Well, I have done told the cops and they know it was you. Stay away from me and Ashli", I said as I walked away.
"Joey! I hate you", Brandi shouted as she stomped her foot. I just kept on walking.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡