2

The next day, I told Gigi what happened over the phone.

"Ash, Joey Tempest actually talked to you", Gigi asked excitedly.
"Yes and he asked me to meet him at Chillerz next Saturday night. So, I'm sorry we can't hang out next Saturday", I said.
"Girl, it is fine. I swear, hanging out with Joey Tempest might be a once-in-a-lifetime thing", Gigi said, being generous.

"Well, thank you", I said. We our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. I opened my laptop and looked at Joey's photos. He is so cute, I thought, but was quickly brought out of my trance by a knock at my door.

When I opened the door, my ex-boyfriend Daniel was standing there. Oh crap, I thought, not thinking about him when I told Joey yes, that I would meet him next Saturday.

"Hey, Ashli. Um, I was just wondering, have you been seeing anyone lately. Maybe by the name of Joey Tempest", Daniel said, on to me.
"Who told you?" Daniel laughed and walked in, making me back up into the wall.

"Because my friend seen you two last night at the bar talking to each other", Daniel said, his breath blowing on my face.
"Does it hurt to talk to other people", I asked.
"Yes it does. Why? Because your my girl and nobody else's", Daniel said.

"Get out of my house. Now", I said sternly. Daniel wrapped his hand around my neck and held me against the wall. I struggled to breath as he tightened his grip. I kicked him in his stomach and he fell to the ground. He doubled over in pain, and I shoved him out of the door. I shut the door and locked it too. I grabbed my phone off of my coffee table and called Joey ( he gave me his nunber at the bar). I told him to come quick, and he said he would.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Twenty minutes later, I heard someone shout, then a loud punch and a knock on my door. I ran and opened the door, as I knew it was Joey. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me in the air. I grabbed Joey's shirt and cried into his shirt.

"Ashli, everything is ok", he said as I kept crying. "He, he, he hurt me", I cried into Joey's shirt. "Where did he hurt you", he asked, pulling away from me.
"Right here", I said pointing at my neck.
"I am so sorry for what he done to you. I let him know he wasn't welcome here anymore", Joey said, reassuring me.

I nodded my head, my eyes filled with tears. I hugged him again and hopped down from his arms. I sat on my couch and buried my head in my hands. Joey sat down next to me and placed his hand on my back.

"He does this every time I talk to someone that he doesn't know. I hate him, I swear I do", I said as I collapsed on Joey's shoulder, crying. He ran his hands through my hair, comforting me.

"He's gone now. I promise, I will always protect you. And he will never come back, I promise", Joey said as he hugged me. I hugged back, this time a little more gently.

"Joey, I know we just met only last night, but I just want to say that I'm sorry", I said.
"Sorry for what?" I sighed.
"For calling you like that. I should have called someone else, but you were the first on my mind. I'm sorry", I said.

"Ashli, it is ok. I'm actually happy that you called me", Joey said as he stood up.
"Well, I'm sorry, but I have to go", Joey said. I thanked him and I let him go, even though I secretly wished that he would stay here with me and keep me safe if Daniel showed up again and decided to try and fight me again. I told Joey bye and watched him walk out of my door.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Author's Note,
I know, this was a terrible way to end this chapter, but a suprise comes up in the next chapter.