Chapter 12 ~~ No longer safe?

(Y/N)'s POV

I wake up and see Colby isn't next to me. I get up and go downstairs. I see Colby and Sam sitting on the couch, they look serious.

"What's on your mind?" I ask.

"Take a seat" Colby answers pointing at the singular chair near the couch.

"What's up?" I ask sitting down.

"Listen (Y/N)..." Sam answers seriously.

"Okay?" I say a bit confused.

"You're not safe with me babe.." Colby says staring down at the ground trying to hide his tears.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'm sending you away to stay with Sam and your parents..." Colby answers and his voice cracks while he talks.

"No you won't make me..." I say seriously. I don't want to leave him.

"I'm sorry baby but it's for the best." He gets up and hugs me. Colby puts the necklace that grants me immortality back on me.

"But I don't want to leave you.." My voice cracks.

"(Y/N), I already packed all your things. I booked your flight and I made sure your parents were coming. Devyn also knows you're going to your parents..." Colby says.

"Also so this isn't hard with the long distance thing and everything. I'm breaking up with you until I see that's it's safer for you to come back to LA..." Colby's voice cracks majorly. He's clearly struggling too.

"It's almost time to go.." Sam says.

"I love you baby girl..." Colby whispers in my ear.

"I love you too." I whisper back and kiss his cheek. Colby gets up and waves to us and then goes upstairs.

"You ready?" Sam asks.

"Yeah" I sniffle. I wipe my tears on my long sleeved shirt. I hold his hand and we walk out to the curb. Devyn pulls up with her car full of mine and Sam's stuff. We get in and she takes us to the airport. She waves us off and Sam and I get out of the car with our suitcases. We check in and drop off our suitcases then wait in the terminal until we have to get on the plane.

"Now boarding flight 4209." The microphone says then shuts off. We step in line and the flight attendant scans our tickets. We get on the plane and tears stream down my face. We're in first class so there won't be any kids crying along with me. Sam hugs me. I hug him back.

"I d-don't want to leave him.." I sob.

"Shh.. it'll be fine.." Sam whispers and kisses my forehead.

"What about Kat?" I sniffle.

"S-She died... Maggie killed her." He starts to tear up.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that" I stutter a bit. I feel wrong for Sam to kiss me. Is it because Colby broke up with me but he still loves me and I still love him... I let my head ease without having to get so worked up. I lean my head on Sam's shoulder and fall asleep.

*1 hour later*

(Y/N)'s POV

I'm awoken by Sam saying the plane is about to land. I stretched and waited for the plane to land. When it labeled we got off and collected our suitcases from baggage claim. We go outside and my parents and my sister are waiting for me. I greet them and they put our stuff in the back of the white dodge pick truck they always drive and we get in the truck. I catch up with my family. Sam is just quiet the whole time unless he's talked to. We make it to my childhood home.

"You have to share a room since we're redoing the guest room." My mom says to Sam and I.

"Okay." I sigh and go straight up to my room with my stuff. I look around and see all the photos of me and friends. I look at the mirror in front of my bed and see all the photos of the group. Everyone looks so young. I see pictures of Sam and I kissing is on a frame on my nightstand. Why did I keep it? I thought I threw it away... my mom must've kept it. I open my my bedside drawer and see a picture of Colby with a note on it. I read it:

"Hey babe I left this note in your bedside drawer with a picture of me. I love you (Y/N) but I flew you out here so you wouldn't be in danger... It would be better if you just forgot about me... goodbye.. -Colby..."

I look at the picture and it's of him smiling. I set the note down back in the drawer and close it. Why am I not safe? Tears start streaming down my face. I unpack my stuff and Sam comes in. He sees my tears and hugs me tightly. I cry into his chest. My knees feel weak and I fall asleep in Sam's arms....