Chapter 15 ~~ Saying Goodbye

*The Funeral day* also play the music while reading this... 💙

Colby's POV

Today is the day of the funeral. The day I say my goodbyes to my love. Sam gave up on loving her. He said that she belonged with me. I feel someone tap my shoulder. I look and see it's (Y/N)'s mom.

"You look handsome, Colby.." she says fixing my tie.

"Thanks." I smile. She looks at her watch.

"Look at the time. We better be heading off." She says grabbing her purse and keys.

"Yeah." I say. I grab my phone and we go outside. We drive to the big chapel where the funeral is being held. I walk inside and see Devyn and Corey are sitting with their families that came out to see the funeral. Sam and I sit in the front with (Y/N)'s family. There a lot of people here. Some family friends, others are old classmates from high school. Out of the corner of my eye I see Brennen. He's smiling. The priest stands up behind podium near (Y/N)'s casket.

"Welcome Families and friends... Sadly today is the day (Y/N) has to part ways from everyone. She was a daughter, sister, girlfriend, and a friend." The priest says. I hear (Y/N)'s mom start to cry. I'm tearing up myself too. The priest continues talking about how (Y/N) will be missed.

"Is there anyone who would like to say some words before we bury her?" The priest asks and I see Brennen get up. Sam shifts in his seat.

"Don't move..." I whisper to Sam. Brennen steps up to the podium wearing a black suit and tie. He has a smile plastered on his face.

"So... (Y/N) doesn't deserve to be the one laying in this casket today. Colby does. He bullied her in high school. He made her life a living hell. Colby doesn't even love her. So I'm doing us all a favor and killing Colby..." Brennen snickers.

"Is this true Colby?" (Y/N)'s mom asks.

"No it's Brennen's fault for (Y/N)'s death." I answer getting up and Sam does too.

"That's enough Brennen..." I say in a lowered voice trying not to cause a scene.

"Oh Colby you're quite funny. You need to die... there's no ifs or buts about it." Brennen says pulling out a wooden stake.

"Brennen don't do this..." Sam says in a lowered voice.

"How about I kill the both of you?" Brennen laughs.

"Stop right there!" Valarie yells. She chants a spell and Brennen faints. She walks up to the casket and looks inside. She grabs Brennen's limp hand.

"Finish the service while I deal with Brennen" Valarie says in a lowered voice and I nod. She disappears with Brennen. No one thinks anything of it and the funeral continues.

*End of funeral*

Sam and I take the casket to Valarie's shop. We don't want to bury (Y/N)... Valarie said yesterday that she would try to find a way to bring her back to life. Hopefully it works when we find a way. But until then we have to just hope.... hope that (Y/N) will be able to live a full life. Love with all her heart.. Care with her love. Cry with her tears. Smile with her happiness. Sam and I say goodbye to Valarie and head back to (Y/N)'s parents house. We decided to stay there for a year. So that we could help them understand what happened to (Y/N). So we could help them not be sad and full of grief forever. Her sister is taking this the hardest. She doesn't like talking to anybody but me. She trusts me apparently.

*At (Y/N)'s parent's house*

Colby's POV

I take off my suit and tie. I put on comfy clothes. Everyone is gloomy today. I decide to check up on (Y/N)'s sister. Her name is Jade. A pretty name but not as pretty as (Y/N). I knock on Jade's door.

"Go away..." A voice says behind the door.

"It's Colby.." I say softly.

"Oh one second then.." Jade says and opens the door. Tears are streaming down her face.

"Jade.." I pull her into a tight hug. She hugs back.

"Can we just spend time together?" She asks and her question is a bit muffled from us hugging.

"Yeah.." I answer and I pull back. I go into her room and leave the door barely cracked open. She hugs me once more. She lets out her emotions and bawls into my chest. I feel her start to fall but I catch her. Jade must be sleeping. She's 16 but she still isn't afraid to show her emotions.

"I don't want her to leave me alone..." Jade says and it catches me by surprise.

"Me neither.." I say and she pulls away but we still have our arms around each other. I lean in and she does the same. We kiss each other and I immediately pull back.

"S-Sorry this was a mistake..." I stutter a bit and rush out of the room and into (Y/N)'s room. I get under the covers. I've slept in this bed before with (Y/N). She's the love of my life, and I'm already horny. I can't explain the burning passion I have for (Y/N). I should just sleep this all off. I feel tears stream down my face. My eyes feel puffy. What is this feeling inside? Oh I know... loss, heartbreak, and of course grief. I cry myself to sleep. What will I do without (Y/N)? If we can't find a way to bring her back. If we can't then I'll have this grief forever. I'll kill myself just to lay by her side... anything to be with her... I love her. And I don't want to say goodbye..