Chapter 14 ~~ It doesn't hurt to try..

(Y/N)'s POV

"Come dear... Sam left Colby with me.." Valarie says. I nod and she leads me behind the counter. We walk in to the back room and I see Colby is on a table shirtless. There's candles strategically placed near him. I lightly place my hand on his heart. No heartbeat..

"Will you be able to bring him back to life madam Valarie?" I ask.

"Yes, only if the love of his life or his best friend donates their life to save his..." she answers as she pulls out a box with a lock on it.

"What's in the box?" I ask.

"Something very precious..." Valarie answers and opens it. She pulls out my necklace.

"My necklace? That Colby gave to me.." I say.

"Indeed but it was not his to give..." Valarie nods and motions for me to step back. I step back.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

"It was originally mine that I gave to him to protect himself from anyone hat wanted to harm him.." she answers.

"But he gave it to me to protect me..." I mumble.

"Yes.." she says putting the necklace on Colby's bare chest.

"Can I be the one to give my life for his?" I ask.

"(Y/N)... Why? He wants to see you. Love you. Spend the rest of his life with you..." Valarie answers.

"I love him. Even though he made my life a living hell he also made my life a living heaven..." I kiss Colby on the forehead.

"If you wish my dear..." she says and she grabs a table on wheels and pulls it up next to Colby's.

"Do I need to do anything before I you know..." I say.

"No you can just lay down.." Valarie says taking candles out of a cabinet. I lay down on the table and grab Colby's hand and hold it.

"It doesn't hurt to try..." I whisper. I look around and see Valarie placing candles around me. She lights them using magic.

"You ready?" She asks.

"Of course..." I laugh.

"Let your mind drift off and don't move one bit or this will go wrong and we both will die." Valarie says. I nod and close my eyes. I let my mind wonder off to nothing but a black abyss full of the good memories I spent with Colby. I hear Valarie start chanting a spell. My body feels like it's being drained of all energy. A flash of light appears and a dream world appears.

~Dream world~

It's the street that my childhood home is on. I keep walking and finally get to the front of my house. It's night time and the stars look very pretty.

"Beautiful.." I hear a deep voice call out. I turn around and see Colby. I run into his arms. It feels real.

"Colby is this goodbye?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Colby asks.

"Colby I'm giving my life up to give you life..." I answer.

"(Y/N) no you're not.. don't I don't want you to die on me.." Colby says.

"I want you to live Colby... I'll be fine. Don't worry you'll see me too. I talked to Valarie she has everything figured out..." I lie so he doesn't worry about me.

"You're sure?" He asks.

"Yes Colby, just go through my front door and I'll follow you out." I lie once more.

"I guess this is goodbye for a few minutes.." Colby says. We start walking up the steps to my front porch and to the front door. I open it and white light is shining through a bit.

"Go I'm ahead I'll follow you..." I lie. He kisses me one last time and then gives me the goodbye look and steps through. The door immediately closes. Death should follow soon.. I sit on my porch steps and look at the stars..

"Goodbye Colby..." I close my eyes and prepare for my fate.

Colby's POV

I jerk awake and sit up in the sitting position. I gasp for air and feel a hand holding mine. I look over and see (Y/N)'s lifeless body.

"She lies to you didn't she?" A lady asks.

"Huh?" I look and see a lady in her mid 20s.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"When you two said goodbye..." She answers.

"(Y/N) lies about coming back with me. She's not going to wake up is she?" I ask.

"No she isn't, she gave her life for yours.." the lady answers.

"You must be Valarie.." I say.

"I am.." Valarie smiles. I feel my hand being squeezed and I look at (Y/N) but her body is still lifeless. I notice her necklace is now resting on my pants button.

"You should keep that on yourself.." Valarie says.

"Yeah I should... but it belongs to (Y/N)... I want her to keep it." I smile.

"Whatever you say hun. You should plan the funeral in a few days.. I'll be able to attend." Valarie says and I put (Y/N)'s necklace back on her.

"Yeah.. but how am I going to break the news to everyone? That she died? Everyone is going to hate me." I say and hop off the table. I throw away my bloody shirt and Valarie hands me a new one. I put it on.

"Sam already told everyone... he called right before you woke up.." She says and all the candles go out. My eyes start tearing up. (Y/N) gave her life up for mine...

"You should get going.. I'll keep (Y/N)'s body with me until it's time for the funeral.." Valarie says picking up the candles and putting them away.

"Yeah.." I mumble. I kiss (Y/N) and her lips are soft. Just like always. I leave the witch's shop and see Sam is outside. We pull each other in for a tight hug.

"Her parents scheduled the funeral already. It's in a few days.." Sam says and we pull away. I sigh. I let the tears stream down my face.

"I don't think they want me there.." I sniffle.

"Dude of course they want you there." Sam says.

"I don't think I should be there.. they'll have me give a speech and I'll break down crying because I love her... she needed to live." I wipe my tears.

"Is this the end for us? Saying goodbye to a girl and living our lives in grief then end up staking ourselves in the heart with a wooden stake to end it?" Sam asks.

"I don't know anymore..." I answer. The rest of the walk to (Y/N)'s house is silent.

(A/N)

Is this really goodbye? Or is it just the beginning? Thanks for 591 reads which has probably changed when you're reading this. 💙

PEACE! ~~ Zesty Out! 1143 words...