Chapter 11 - Freedom

Hans entered the tower, two days later. Anna had been too busy to even notice that her sister was gone. Hans had been roaming, keeping himself hidden, around the castle. He did come to some close calls of being caught, but just escaped in time.

Elsa was lying, asleep, on the floor. She felt desperately weak. She hadn't eaten for two days, making her stomach growl loudly. Hans entered the room to see the awful sight in front of his eyes.

"Elsa! I am so sorry!" Hans gasped, moving across the room towards Elsa. He held her tightly in his arms, wishing he'd never done what he did. Elsa didn't bother to shove him away, she just sat, shivering, in Hans' arms.

"Elsa? Please, I didn't mean what I did. I'm so sorry..." Hans continued. Elsa just glanced at him blankly, clearly very weak and feeling quite ill. She closed her eyes and rested her head on his chest, happy to see someone, but unhappy to see that it was Hans. Elsa felt a tear stroll down her cheek. Hans saw this and wiped the tear away with his finger. This only made her cry harder. She curled into Hans' lap, sobbing.

"Why did you do this? After I tried to help you?" Elsa whispered, shivering.

"I... I don't know. Elsa I'm really sorry," Hans replied. He held her tighter to his chest. Elsa began to feel somewhat comfortable in his grip, but still knew that she never wanted to see him again. Hans left the hold and began to unshackle her. As soon as she was free, she ran out, screaming for the guards. She wanted him gone, forever.

Elsa heard footsteps behind her, quicker ones. It was Hans, he was chasing her down the spiralling staircase in the tower. He grabbed her arm and quickly put his hand over her mouth.

"Please, Elsa, I am really truly sorry. Don't call the guards on m-" Hans couldn't finish his sentence. A sharp pain could be felt in his left arm. An arrow.

A guard with a crossbow was stood on a lower part of the staircase. He had clearly been well-trained with his aim because he perfectly missed Elsa, catching Hans' arm. Elsa ran and ran, away from the scene.

---

Elsa sat in her bedroom for the rest of that day. She couldn't stop thinking about Hans. The room was filled with snow and frost, which Elsa let go within her isolation. It wasn't that she couldn't control it, only because she felt like letting her emotions go through her powers.

There was a knock on the door.

"Hello?" Elsa said, tidying herself up a little before presenting herself to any body.

"Hello, Your Majesty," a servant bowed. "We are informing you that Prince Hans is to be hanged tomorrow, at nine o'clock."

Elsa simply nodded and let the servant leave the room. She felt a storm rage inside of her. The room began to fill with shards of perfect ice. Elsa knew tomorrow wouldn't be a good day.