Chapter 17 - Hans vs. Elsa

Elsa had ran out of the ice palace before Hans had even sat up. She was confused on why the kiss had thawed his frozen heart. Although it was no longer physically frozen, she knew he always had a frozen heart. The only thing he'd ever love is to be king.

As she ran, she wiped Hans' kiss off her lips, intending on ridding of it. Suddenly, the sound of heavy doors in the distance bashed against a hard wall.

"Elsa!" Hans called across the mountains. Elsa ignored him and continued to run. She turned around to see a distant figure moving down the icy steps. He was moving fast, as fast as Elsa. Oh god Elsa thought to herself, regret swirling around inside her mind. Hans was approaching her quickly, because her distraction of thought had slowed her down. She knew her dress was being a burden to her speed, so she quickly shortened it a little, but not in a revealing manner.

Elsa ran as fast as she could but Hans was very close.

"Ahh!" Elsa cried, as Hans grabbed her arm, pulling her back. She was out of breath but could still run for much longer, if it was to get away from this... this monster.

"Get away from me!" Elsa shouted, tugging away from Hans' grip. She shot ice into his face, making him lose grip and fall on to the ground in the snow of the mountains. Elsa made a run for it, angering Hans. He remembered the time when she escaped in the dungeon cell, right before he could kill her. Because of that, Anna had saved her and he lost his chance to rule Arendelle and prove his horrible family wrong. No matter how hard he tried to suppress this memory, he gained more hatred towards Elsa. He felt his previous feelings for Elsa surge through him - hate. He knew he hated the Snow Queen and wanted her dead.

Hans ran after her, seeing her glistening, snow-white hair trailing down her back, on to her dress. He noticed that she'd shortened it slightly, clearly so she could escape faster. The idea of how much effort she was putting in to escape him made him even more angry. He conjured a deep red sword in his hand of burning fire, ready to attack Elsa. He had a boost from Elsa being at a bottom of a hill and him being on top, he jumped, clearing the majority of the hill, being only a few metres away from the desperate Queen.

Suddenly, a row of dangerous fire appeared in front of where Elsa had been running towards. She turned around and saw Hans, only a few metres in front of her. She noticed the red sword in his hand, and knew that it was only fight, not flight. She prepared herself not to come out of this one alive.

Elsa, with a wave of her hand, crafted a glistening, teal sword in the palm of her hand. Although she was immune to the cold, she was aware of the cold radiating from it. She clenched her fist against the perfectly-crafted handle and went into battle.

Hans' sword went straight for Elsa's heart, being stopped by a swish from Elsa's sword. Although they weren't metal, you could distinctly hear the metal-like clanging sound eat time the swords made contact.

Suddenly, Hans lunged forward, pressing his sword hard against Elsa's. Elsa struggled to push Hans away from her with her sword, knowing that if her sword jolted once, Hans could slice her and it would be all over. A face of frustration grew on both of their faces as their swords pushed against each other harder.

"Oh no!" moaned Elsa, her sword beginning to melt from the long exposure to fire and heat. She knew that this could easily be the thing that would end her. She didn't know what to do. She tried renewing the sword continuously but Hans' sword had already pierced its way through Elsa's. Elsa quickly lifted her empty hand and shot a flash of ice into Hans' face.

"Argh!!" Hans cried, holding his cold cheek. It had been sliced, and was bleeding quite a lot. "Elsa!!!!!!" he shouted angrily, scaring Elsa. She fell on to her knees, defeated, desperate. Hans lifted his burning sword high above his head, ready to slice the weak, helpless Queen. Elsa actually began to grin, preparing to whip round and shoot shards of ice into his face.

Hans' sword speedily lowered towards Elsa, who was beginning to turn around.

"Argh!" Elsa cried, a cluster of small ice shards flying out of her hand. A stinging pain surged through her left arm. She looked.

She looked to see a large slice through the bottom half of her arm. Hans' sword lay between the two, Hans pinned against a tree by tiny shards of ice. Many had cut through his body, but not enough to do serious damage, only annoying pain. He tried to pull away from the pin, but Elsa's power was strong. He couldn't angle his fire at them to melt them, so he just hung his head, defeated.

"Arghh!" Elsa cried out, as another surge of pain whipped throughout her arm. Hans surprisingly had a look of concern on his face, which he quickly wiped away before Elsa noticed.

"Hans! What have you done?! You know I can't return to Arendelle for a while because I just had to go and fucking save you! I wish I let you die..." she said, clutching her painful arm. Hans had only an expression of shock on his face. Elsa's comments had hurt him a lot.

"This time, you will die," Elsa continued. She walked over to Hans, like she did in her ice palace when she'd walked on to the balcony. Hans was transfixed for a second but shook his head, suppressing his thoughts. He just drooped his head.

"Elsa... I'm sorry... I just get so... so... mad..." Hans stuttered, shivering as how cold Elsa had made the area. He still hated the Queen but he wanted to live, he wanted to escape and exist and be free from the world. He knew he was hated and he hated back, but he just wanted to be alone to live his own life in isolation.

"Just let me live, I just want to be alone..." Hans continued. Elsa secrelty sympathised with him in her thoughts but quickly shook her head to get rid of having any sympathy for a man who had hurt her so much.

Hans was getting annoyed again, pulling away from the tree with even more effort than previous attempts. Soon enough, some ice shards started to pop off from the tree, dropping on to the ground. Hans broke free, and ran towards the North Mountain.