Chapter 13 - Back in the Ice Palace

Hans and Elsa waited until it was night to head back to the castle. They were aware of the rise in guard numbers but they had Elsa, the Queen herself, to deal with any issues.

"Come back to the castle, please Hans," Elsa whispered, trying not to attract any attention from guards.

"No, Elsa, I can't. Look, I don't know what to do. Just lock me up, I promise I wont escape."

Elsa didn't reply. She didn't know what to do. She admired the handsome figure stood walking beside her. She'd never really noticed how attractive he really was. No wonder Anna fell straight for him.

No. Shut up Elsa.

The arrived at the castle gates. They were quite heavily guarded.

"How will we get in? I understand you're the Queen but look at all of these guards!" Hans whispered.

Elsa tugged his arm and gestered him to follow her. She knew where a secret entrance was in the castle.

"Elsa, I need to go," Hans whispered.

"Why? Where to?" Elsa asked, trying to keep her voice down.

"I don't want to be a burden on you any more."

Hans ran off, heading for the North Mountain.

"Hans!" Elsa cried, not even caring if she was caught. She ran and ran to him, and they lead to the ice palace. Hans entered, oblivious to the fact that Elsa was sneakily chasing him. Elsa was at the side of the ice palace, prepared to sneak inside. Hans was hidden inside, hoping that he could be away from those he hated.

Elsa slid through the door. She quickly made herself a rock climbing wall out of ice and climbed to the top to observe Hans without him noticing her.

"I wish I never hurt Elsa and Anna," Hans pleaded to nothing, falling to his knees. He buried his face in his hands, silently crying to himself. Elsa felt deeply sorry for him, but shook her head, reminding herself of his murderous acts.

Hans lifted his head up again, fire blazing angrily from his hands. He punched the wall continuously, making the ice crack. Before anything dangerous happened, Elsa quickly and sneakily repaired the crack. She was sat on a thin ledge of ice.

Elsa heard a crack. The ice ledge beneath her was crumbling. She hadn't made it thick enough to support her weight. Hans heard the cracks and looked up to see a blurred figure by the ceiling, through translucent ice.

Elsa he automatically thought.

Elsa was shaking, trying to fix the ledge with her ice powers, but it just kept cracking again. She was stupid to ever think spying would get her anywhere. She had noticed Hans staring, and regretted her decision even more.

With one final crack, the ledge completely collapsed. Shards of ice stuck out from where a full ledge had been, Elsa hanging desperately off it. It reminded her of when she was stuck in the crevasse with Hans, how desperate she had been then. How Hans had taken advantage of how weak she was. He could easily let her die right now. Elsa desperately tried to thicken the ice of the shards but they were cracking, in the same way the ledge did. Elsa was doomed.

"Ahh!"