Chapter 6

Amy was, well special. And not special like retard special, she was gifted. Along with me and Amy there were three other gifted math students, whose names I have since forgotten. But Amy asked a LOT of questions, unlike the rest of us. It got annoying pretty fast but she changed in ninth grade. Doesn't everyone? She changed so dramatically that when the

school dance came around, I asked her to come with, since my crush had already asked someone else and so did her's. So it was the obvious choice to make.

She said yes and we went and it actually wasn't bad. She might have kissed me, but they wiped my memory, so don't quote me on that. Anyways, she thought it was going to be the start of something big, but that summer my crush, who I again forgot the name of, asked me out because her boyfriend had cheated on her. I told Amy and she got so pissed and now she hates me.

I remembered her phone number for some reason because she had given it to me after the dance. I wasn't sure if she would help, but it was my only chance. I know I can't bribe her, because I have no money, and the only chance I would have is to give her something after I got out. Whatever she wanted, I would give it to her. Escaping this hell was numbero uno on my list of things to do.

"I need to make a call." I tell the guards. One waves me over after lunch.

"Ok how long you need?" Her voice was loud and sounded like she would be an athelete. It also had a hint of harshness in it. I wonder why she became a guard. Her name was Jaina.

"Probably 20."

"That long? Really? I will give you 15."

So she lead me into a room full of people calling their families and getting cakes that said all sorts of things. I saw a man crying over a fruitcake with a note one it that read,"You deserve this." Harsh much?

I dialed the number and waited. On the third ring a familiar voice picked up.

"Hello?"