Chapter 14

And so the story began.

"It was a cold winter night. My older brother had left for some food. I was worried. He shouldn't have gone out in the blizzard. If he didn't come back, I don't know what I would do. Both of my parents had left us at the age of 5. My brother was 12, old enough to take care of me. Every night he would tell me a story, every one different than the last. But over time I noticed an eerie similarity with the stories. When I was 5 there was always a happy ending. But as time went on the stories got darker. Stories of men who were strong as an ox, but weak as a child when faced with loss of family. Stories of dragons who were slain for their wings to make airplanes and food. It was like history, how we were all at peace and then a power greater than ourselves took over, slaying people for not obeying the rules. My brother never obeyed by law. He would steal food to get us through the night. And I'm not sure if it was the blizzard or the law, but my brother didn't come back that night."

"And now I don't cry. Because I learned in this that no one will force you too. You choose to cry for pain and loss. And those who cry are weak. Weak and suffering but they still control us. I will get out of this prison. And I would die for it. I would die for my brother. If you are trying to escape, I can help. But you must be willing to die to get out of here."

"I am."