Chapter 25

The one thing my mind kept to was that adress. It was in my pants pocket and those were on the other side of the room. I looked and saw Anthony in one corner, presumably knocked out or dead, and a man standing over Olivia, ready to do the same. I grabbed my knife from the bedside table and leapt from the bed, tackling the guy. It didn't do much because I am a light person for a 16 year old, but it dazed him for a second. Enough time for me to stab him in the neck. He fell against the wall and was left, unmoving, with his eyes still staring at me with that crazed look in his eye.

I regained focus and remembered there was still a fire downstairs. I grabbed my clothes and Anthony and jumped out the window. We were on the side closest to the pool, and we landed in a very uncomfortable belly flop. I dragged Anthony back up to the side of the pool, only to hear another splash behind me. My clothes were soaked and Anthony started to choke. I did CPR on him, a handy trick my dad taught me. Just thinking of him made my eyes water but I kept doing what I was doing. Eventually, he coughed up some water and was breathing again.

"You saved both of our lives." Olivia said.

"Yea I know." I said.

"Thank you." We sat there for a moment in awkward silence, and finally she changed the topic, "Did you manage to grab any of our stuff?"

"I just grabbed the pants, which has the address, phone, and keys."

"Phone? I thought you said we didn't have one?"

"Not a smartphone. It's a flip phone it can't navigate us to the place. That's why I grabbed a map back a the gas station."

"Oh ok. What time is it?"

"It's 4:30 AM," I looked down at the date and noticed something interesting. It was my birthday.